Rob Callister

La Colombe

7 hours ago, 2112 said:

I thought he like Cheese on Toast.

I can never remember the order in which he has cheese on toast / a poo. Wherever he is today I hope he’s having a nice relax with his feet up and not touching cloth after a big roast dinner! 

Added: Actually I see he’s Tweeted this morning to promise more of his wonderful blog next year as Santa has given him a new laptop. 

2126D1A0-09D7-4D92-96AF-4C831D97C9CC.jpeg

Edited by Linz
To add twitter clip

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

"The People's Prince" is busy posting on Facetube what a privilege it is to sign the Abortion Reform Bill into law today.

In a gracious gesture he gives a side note of thanks to Dr Allinson - struggling to uncurl my toes......

Didn't he break the news on Alf Cannan withdrawing the motions on EPA the other day before treasury could put out a press release? He must be very popular with his colleagues.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Didn't he break the news on Alf Cannan withdrawing the motions on EPA the other day before treasury could put out a press release? He must be very popular with his colleagues.

Rob conveniently failed to mention that he as an MHK and a department member failed to participate in what had been a public consultation.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Kopek said:

That bloody Moorehouse with his flushed face stupid questions and.............

OOOh, hang on, are we dissing Moorehouse or Callister on this thread? I've lost my place!

I think MF has a long history of dissing a lot of politicians and long may that continue. I do genuinely find it odd that people seem to equate posts dissing Rob as some sort of step too far before all the nonsense seems to happen again when it seems fair game to diss just about anyone else in Manx politics all the time. If someone (anyone) in Manx politics says anything stupid or ill advised then it deserves to be pointed out on here. As MF has done for over 10 years now. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

There are a lot of one term politicians in power at the minute I feel at the next election they will be out of favour, out of work and still none the wiser as to what they have done wrong.     If they listened to the voters they would realise they have failed to address any of the big issues facing the Island at present and will escalate as time rolls on.    The pension problem ?   The rateable system ?    The Health Service ?  The trimming down of Government and civil service !!!!!   Instead they hade tiddled around with various schemes such as Manx Radio, seagulls, goats, wallabies, fairy houses to smoke screen their total lack of appetite to sort the big, unpopular, issues out....means testing...do not be silly that may cost me votes etc..   They are cowards simply covering their own backs for the next election and not giving a flying duck for the good of the Island and it's people.   Their day will come, unfortunately for them voters do not remember any good , if they have done any good they have done just the silly, insignificant things that they have wasted time and tax payers money on.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

There are a lot of one term politicians in power at the minute I feel at the next election they will be out of favour, out of work and still none the wiser as to what they have done wrong.     If they listened to the voters they would realise they have failed to address any of the big issues facing the Island at present and will escalate as time rolls on.    The pension problem ?   The rateable system ?    The Health Service ?  The trimming down of Government and civil service !!!!!   Instead they hade tiddled around with various schemes such as Manx Radio, seagulls, goats, wallabies, fairy houses to smoke screen their total lack of appetite to sort the big, unpopular, issues out....means testing...do not be silly that may cost me votes etc..   They are cowards simply covering their own backs for the next election and not giving a flying duck for the good of the Island and it's people.   Their day will come, unfortunately for them voters do not remember any good , if they have done any good they have done just the silly, insignificant things that they have wasted time and tax payers money on.

It's not a question of "at the minute". It's been the game since forever.

Look at those who bailed with the lump sum after the last term after 4+ years of failing to address anything. And they were previously at least partly responsible for some of the "anythings". 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

"The People's Prince" is busy posting on Facetube what a privilege it is to sign the Abortion Reform Bill into law today.

In a gracious gesture he gives a side note of thanks to Dr Allinson - struggling to uncurl my toes......

Watch out for them swarming like flies on shit with the upcoming Sex Offences Bill. Lots of photo opportunities for virtue-signalling.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kopek said:

That bloody Moorehouse with his flushed face stupid questions and.............

OOOh, hang on, are we dissing Moorehouse or Callister on this thread? I've lost my place!

Either is legitimate and acceptable.