Rob Callister

La Colombe

33 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Already today on the book of face someone has told Rob his first action as health minister should be to try and book a doctor’s appointment at Onchan Surgery. His reply was that as GP practices are private businesses, there was nothing he could do. 

And who does he think gives them the budget to run the GP practices. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

Already today on the book of face someone has told Rob his first action as health minister should be to try and book a doctor’s appointment at Onchan Surgery. His reply was that as GP practices are private businesses, there was nothing he could do. 

£50 says he’s gone by new year. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I go to the Doctors in Village Walk and have today booked a non urgent appointment for next week.    I have never yet been refused an appointment on the same day when I have been in pain or had a serious concern, perhaps this is because of my age.   Last time I was in the doctors the notice strip was saying how many appointments had been missed in the last month….disgusting amount.    Some people just love to moan.

• Like 3

On 9/20/2022 at 9:48 AM, Jarndyce said:

On the one hand: that’s reassuring.

On the other hand: if the Minister can make so little difference to the health service, why bother having one?

NHS is now at arms length

with a bundle of senior managers to check Manx care are performing in relation to the contract.

millions a year paying DHSC new team to monitor !!!

All makes perfect sense until the report came out and showed Manx Care isn’t achieving and the DHSC haven’t done their monitoring and oversight at all

DHSC cost millions to produce fresh air even though Manx care now has ability to generate its own oxygen,  it’s time to make cabinet office responsible for Manx Care policy and compliance, so it loops directly through gov policy and expectations and save millions being wasted on Callisters tiny team. 

• Like 5