Rob Callister

La Colombe

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Good old right wing fascist Rob.  The grumbling lefties should just eat porridge every meal while inflation spirals out of control.  I hope they are buying local oats..

Isn't he a church goer?  Doesn't seem like a very Christian sentiment.Screenshot_2022-09-25-18-36-40-84_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.thumb.jpg.e3acc38e97f65d551afc26dd45e06917.jpg

Normally these sort of comments come from 'genuine trolls' ie those saying stuff they don't really believe, to wind up others or get attention.  But the 'effiedeans' person is one of those people on social media who is as genuinely bonkers as everyone thinks people on social media are.  I don't think she's advocating porridge for all though - I think she's advocating gruel.   And malnutrition.

This tweet incidentally is a good example of what is known as 'being ratioed' - when the number of replies - usually disagreeing what has been written - outnumbers the likes or the returns.  Given that it takes more effort to reply than just hit like or return, it shows something is genuinely unpopular.  (Merriam-Webster has more on the term).

Callister is so dumb he probably doesn't know what the symbols mean.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, cissolt said:

History would suggest you may be right, he is frequently found out after not reading that he puts before Tynwald.

It's "skim-reading".

Refer to the President of Tynwald for further information.

7 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

It’s the civil service way, crap manages get moved by promotion. 

And also fuelled by some inordinately generous terms and conditions for some, to include some expensive tastes in executive fleet.

I'm always irritated when people default to meaningless 'bullshit bingo' phrases like "steep learning curve" (whatever that actually means), but maybe we should expect it from Rob the Gob.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/there-are-polarised-views-of-dhsc-says-callister/

However, he has fallen into the immediate trap of accepting this 'arm's length' thing sold to us by Jonny Michael as if Manx Care isn't actually under the government's direction and control.  That is really worrying.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boo Gay'n said:

However, he has fallen into the immediate trap of accepting this 'arm's length' thing sold to us by Jonny Michael as if Manx Care isn't actually under the government's direction and control.  That is really worrying.

I find it quite comforting that the actual provision of care isn’t under Callisters direct control. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I'm always irritated when people default to meaningless 'bullshit bingo' phrases like "steep learning curve" (whatever that actually means)

I'm always puzzled by the real meaning of "steep learning curve", and I actually think people use it incorrectly to mean "I'm out of my depth".

What I think it means, is that if you plot a graph of "competence" on the y-axis against time, or other level of experience (for example, number of procedures carried out) on the x-axis, then a steep learning curve in fact means you get good at doing something rather quickly.  A shallow learning curve would be a situation where it takes a long time to settle in.  And learning curves, according to this interpretation, are generally logarithmic in shape - the more experience you have, the longer you have to keep at it to improve further.  This is certainly the case for music practice.

Apologies for the thread-jacking

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

I'm always puzzled by the real meaning of "steep learning curve", and I actually think people use it incorrectly to mean "I'm out of my depth".

What I think it means, is that if you plot a graph of "competence" on the y-axis against time, or other level of experience (for example, number of procedures carried out) on the x-axis, then a steep learning curve in fact means you get good at doing something rather quickly.  A shallow learning curve would be a situation where it takes a long time to settle in.  And learning curves, according to this interpretation, are generally logarithmic in shape - the more experience you have, the longer you have to keep at it to improve further.  This is certainly the case for music practice.

Apologies for the thread-jacking

• Steep learning curve
  • In someones Headspace
  • Could I get?
  • Lets take this offline

All new sayings that are used incorrectly. I blame the millennials

1 hour ago, Harry Lamb said:

Spot on. Originally it meant: I'll have to work hard to get good at this quickly; now it just indicates you think something will be difficult. Perhaps the original was over-optimistic, especially for our politicians.

I’d imagine getting out of bed is a steep learning curve for Rob C. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Let me help. I wear a nice suit and I look clean and tidy but I’m not nearly as smart as I try to project and I haven’t got a bloody clue about any of the stuff I’ve been thrown into. It’s nothing like helping people with lost wheelie bins or dog shit. 

The LAST thing anyone promoted to an integral post like this is to talk about ‘steep learning curves’. All is does is show the electorate that you’re way in over your depth. And he is. Bless. 

I will take it on board,

Take care Rob Diph ELO KLF CND

• Haha 1

The learning curve is not a graph of what has been achieved by an individual, but is a graph of what is *required* of an individual. A job with a steep learning  curve means that the person must be able to understand complex systems in a short period of time.

A job with a shallow learning curve is one that even I would be capable of keeping to - on a good day. (I did once read the IoM bus timetable, but failed to grasp the logic).

However, for some people even a shallow curve looks pretty vertical.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The learning curve is not a graph of what has been achieved by an individual, but is a graph of what is *required* of an individual. A job with a steep learning  curve means that the person must be able to understand complex systems in a short period of time.

received_614747103769547.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 3