Rob Callister

La Colombe

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Is Rob Callister still alive?  I've not heard him on Manx Radio for at least 3 days.

possibly,  the cat ran off with his cheese on toast and he's been looking for it ever since.

Edited by WTF
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

He was writing your CV

Apparently there was an article in the Examiner (I don't read any newspapers, so did not read it) pretending aliens land and say "take us to your leader" and it was a commentary on how many people don't know who is Chief Minister, MHK, etc. I find it amusing that anybody would consider the government to be their "leader".

If aliens asked me to take them to my leader, I'd tell them to go back to whatever planet they came from and take their archaic concept of power hierarchy with them. If they were really highly evolved or intelligent and worth dealing with, they'd have ditched government and power structures long ago and would not put any stock in such primitive ideas.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Apparently there was an article in the Examiner (I don't read any newspapers, so did not read it) pretending aliens land and say "take us to your leader" and it was a commentary on how many people don't know who is Chief Minister, MHK, etc. I find it amusing that anybody would consider the government to be their "leader".

If aliens asked me to take them to my leader, I'd tell them to go back to whatever planet they came from and take their archaic concept of power hierarchy with them. If they were really highly evolved or intelligent and worth dealing with, they'd have ditched government and power structures long ago and would not put any stock in such primitive ideas.

Cheap booze does this to you...

23 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Be careful you’ll probably be accused of being drunk next by some of the usual trolls. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

What was odd about what I said? I'm sorry, but I don't have a "leader". The government are (supposed to be) there to serve and represent society, not to rule over it. The Chief Minister and MHKs are not our leaders. Arguably, Queen Elizabeth II would fit the bill as our leader, but I personally reject the premise that I have a "leader". Definitely the idea of MHKs being leaders, which is a comical notion. I pity the fool from another planet who comes here and asks me to take me to my leader.