Rob Callister

La Colombe

3 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

If it’s a case of Joney v Tracey Bell I’d back Tracey Bell any day of the week. 

It's more DHSC v Tracey Bell as Faragher is just repeating what's in the report and Bell repeating about her beef with the Dept. Like John I can't imagine any circumstances in which dispute would prevent an external inspection, but I haven't seen the correspondence.

1 minute ago, Steady Eddie said:

It’s worrying when Callisters Tynwald summary starts to look like his private sector CV. So DHSC Minister from 2022-2022 (so 50 odd days) in amongst other very short term ‘appointments’ 

https://www.tynwald.org.im/memoff/member/Pages/CallisterRE.aspx

He seems to have just lived a life of total CV embellishment. . 

On Rob Callisters next Commonwealth Parliamentary Association jolly to Westminster, he will be able to seek solace and swap notes with ex UK Prime Minister Liz Truss. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

The Political Members have spoken. What they don't say is whether or not they complained about him.

Well we know from his letter that he thought them "a political team who were challenging and unsupportive".  Of course that may just mean they didn't agree meekly with everything he said.  And it would well be that others, within or without the Department were stirring for their own purposes.  But there must have been some tension.

Given the comments about our role in this unfortunate situation, we firstly want to observe that we play no part in hiring and firing. Secondly, we’d like to assure people that our priority is to deliver the best we can for the public, and the staff at DHSC, and to continue to work positively and productively with the current Minister."

The statement doesn't make any sense. What does 'want to observe" mean in this context. Allegedly calling a colleague is incompetent would for me be a considerable contribution to being sacked or asked to resign. There is also no mention of Manx Care in their statement which is interesting in itself.

Because of his constituency work Rob will be re elected in the next election.. I am not so sure about these three - I hope they told him to his face about his incompetence before they complained to anyone else. This sounds like  Ranson and Tindell all over again. 

In my opinion Alf has shown poor judgement in the way this has developed. The publics confidence and patience with the lack of respect shown for the people of the island by supposedly serious people in serious positions I think has now worn so thin it is difficult to see how the health and social care under this regime can be held in any esteem.

New leadership in a new format should be considered as we are getting nowhere fast. And it is now painful to watch.

• Thanks 3