Rob Callister

La Colombe

7 minutes ago, Apple said:

Depends on who made the comments as it is not clear. I have an idea but I am also aware of say a 'little tensions' at the top of Manx Care so will reserve comment. 

The reasons for separations between politicians and Manx Care should have been made more explicit to everyone involved, and the public who continue to express the experiences to their MHKs, which as constituents is their right to do so. I guess Manx Care do not like that and it was bound to cause some problems at some point.

Manx Care is Alf and DAs "baby" and they will do everything to justify and protect it in my view. 

I think it’s fair enough that Manx care is separated from political interference as otherwise you’ve got every MHK demanding Mrs Miggins should be top of the list etc & why has Jo Bloggs X-ray been cancelled etc 

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

I think it’s fair enough that Manx care is separated from political interference as otherwise you’ve got every MHK demanding Mrs Miggins should be top of the list etc & why has Jo Bloggs X-ray been cancelled etc 

It's a difficult balancing act, but one that has to be tried.  In practice clinicians won't accept politicians trying to dictate individual priorities.  Though under DHSC there was a mechanism where the Minister could insist that something was done, I doubt it was used much - not least because there would be a paper trail.

But on the other hand there has to be some sort of responsibility and the only way in which politicians can see if the system is working is looking at how individual cases are handled.  Hopefully they would do this by looking at how things can be improved generally rather than demanding favours or priority for individuals, which doesn't alter the underlying problems.

43 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Seeing who were his supporting team two inexperienced MHKs and one MLC I am not surprised he struggled.   However Manx Care seemed happy enough it was the three supposedly supporting team that had a whine, three bigger losers would b hard to find.

He’s not 6 years old. He doesn’t need a baby sitter. Why are people making excuses for another monumental disaster caused by an MHK who is clearly a serial liability wherever he is put? If Alf told him to stand quietly in the corner he’d probably still get his foot stuck in the paper bin. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Seeing who were his supporting team two inexperienced MHKs and one MLC I am not surprised he struggled.   However Manx Care seemed happy enough it was the three supposedly supporting team that had a whine, three bigger losers would b hard to find.

Callister, Ashford and Crookall? More to choose from, though.

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

He’s not 6 years old. He doesn’t need a baby sitter. Why are people making excuses for another monumental disaster caused by an MHK who is clearly a serial liability wherever he is put? If Alf told him to stand quietly in the corner he’d probably still get his foot stuck in the paper bin. 

You're sounding more like vader with every post but more hysterical

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

The idea that anyone would be stupid enough to tell Callister to do anything quietly and expect it to work would be worrying.  But what is useful about this whole fiasco is that it illuminates just what sort of shenanigans are going on behind the scenes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just what what monumental disaster has Rob caused…I must have missed that.  Things have not worked out, none of the previous Health Ministers have not really done much if anything to progress the Department which is clearly out of control and he has been removed.   Well let us see if Mr Hooper does any better if he was that brilliant why remove him just weeks ago ?    The Health service is a monumental challenge and perhaps Dr Allinson is the only MHK who could start to unravel the mess and set it on a road to recovery.   Perhaps Alfie boy should join Matt in the Jungle and sort himself out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2