Rob Callister

La Colombe

14 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

But Rob totally fucked over Kate Beecroft in almost identical circumstances. That seemed to be ok though. He deliberately undermined his Minister, said that he had no confidence in her, and then she got sacked. Interestingly enough at that time he did another letter to the press ‘explaining’ it all in an attempt to excuse his behaviour. Just like he’s doing now. 

Can't really agree or disagree. I can't remember all of that saga. My beef here is with the political members pretending to be squeaky clean in this debacle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Augustus said:

Can't really agree or disagree. I can't remember all of that saga. My beef here is with the political members pretending to be squeaky clean in this debacle.

Yes I agree there but RC did exactly the same sort of undermining to his Minister when he was on the DHSC 5 years ago. It’s just childish game playing by people who should have grown up 20 or 30 years ago. But they haven’t as they’re hopeless egotists who think the world revolves around them.

Heres a great blast from the past. It feels like Groundhog Day but now with the shoe on the other foot

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/health/the-reason-rob-callister-mhk-quit-health-department-role-214154

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Get rid of the feckin lot of them and get a couple of MP’s in

All this dancing around handbags. Callister is just a smug cunt who was given a job Cannan knew he’d blow himself up in within a month or two. As he’s a total fucking moron. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes I agree there but RC did exactly the same sort of undermining to his Minister when he was on the DHSC 5 years ago. It’s just childish game playing by people who should have grown up 20 or 30 years ago. But they haven’t as they’re hopeless egotists who think the world revolves around them.

Heres a great blast from the past. It feels like Groundhog Day but now with the shoe on the other foot

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/health/the-reason-rob-callister-mhk-quit-health-department-role-214154

Sounds like Manx politics and the political elite really. Instead of working as a member of a team, singing from the same hymn sheet, reading from the same page, rowing in the same direction…………….they are more interested in undermining, backstabbing and showboating. Clash of Egos?

We all knew Rob Callister and his faults, his foibles, his quirks and idiosyncrasies. When he got appointed many posted on here about the length of time he would serve. Many predicted he would flounce, a fall out with other COMIN members. I don’t know whether the CEO of DHSC or Manx Care expressed concerns about competence or incompetence? In all honesty I wouldn’t say an of the COMIN lot are competent. They have political patronage, and if the rumours are believed to be correct, will have their position protected, and beyond criticism. 

Rob Callister has lost his dream job, possibly as a result of machavellian conspiracy? The questions will now fall on Joney Faragher MHK, Michelle Haywood MHK and Tanya August September MLC. Their possible actions, their decision making will be scrutinised. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I thought he left due to something he voted on being made public? Was it voting against reducing prescription charges for pregnant women? 

8 hours ago, 2112 said:

Rob Callister has lost his dream job, possibly as a result of machavellian conspiracy? The questions will now fall on Joney Faragher MHK, Michelle Haywood MHK and Tanya August September MLC. Their possible actions, their decision making will be scrutinised. 

To be honest though all Rob is doing is replicating what he did in the private sector for years which was struggle to hold into a job for any real length or time before he was found out to be not very good at it. How many departments has he been in now? He must have been in almost all of them and for only a few months in most. Did he manage less than a month in home affairs at one stage? I get the points you’re making about machavellian conspiracies but Callister isn’t a fair example of that. He’s just an over promoted idiot who always publicly flounces when he’s found out to be an over promoted idiot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1