Rob Callister

La Colombe

Just now, Steady Eddie said:

The incredible thing here is that Rob, a grown man, seems to be having a hissy fit and claiming that he’s been picked on by three women. 

Their letter was clear.

Actually, it wasnt, it sounded like it was written by a juvenile who fancied themselves as something of a wordsmith who could baffle the reader with their erudite use of English and sit back smugly, thinking "pick the bones out of that". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

The incredible thing here is that Rob, a grown man, seems to be having a hissy fit and claiming that he’s been picked on by three women. 

I don't see that at all. It's not just between Rob Callister and the 3 - it involves those that have been complaining  to the members about him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Apple said:

I don't see that at all. It's not just between Rob Callister and the 3 - it involves those that have been complaining  to the members about him. 

Don’t know, I know a few people who worked with him before he went into politics who think he’s a total bellend. On that basis I find it hard to believe that people inside government might not think that too. 

5 minutes ago, Apple said:

Hasn’t adult social care been mentioned as one of worst areas for bullying? not sure who’s in charge there but maybe they didn’t like Rob asking what’s going on?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

What a sexist piece !

Are women somehow lesser mortals that can be dismissed with a stroke of a beard ? I can't comment on the facts of this situation,  but as far as I remember, political arguments aren't settled by arm-wrestling, and women are more than capable of workplace bullying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Bastard said:

What a sexist piece !

Are women somehow lesser mortals that can be dismissed with a stroke of a beard ? I can't comment on the facts of this situation,  but as far as I remember, political arguments aren't settled by arm-wrestling, and women are more than capable of workplace bullying.

I’d have just thought that a robust man would be capable of dealing with a few women without having to have a good cry in the papers. 

4 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

I’d have just thought that a robust man would be capable of dealing with a few women without having to have a good cry in the papers. 

So how does a robust man “deal with a few women” he feels have got him the sack?

Just now, Steady Eddie said:

No because a reasonably astute man should be able to navigate such a position without bleating about it in the papers.

Why does it make a difference if it's a man or a woman that's making an allegation of workplace bullying ? In a modern workplace, things aren't settled by scuffling in the carpark. Assuming that one gender has to have an inbuilt tolerance for unacceptable workplace behaviour is daft. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Bastard said:

Why does it make a difference if it's a man or a woman that's making an allegation of workplace bullying ? In a modern workplace, things aren't settled by scuffling in the carpark. Assuming that one gender has to have an inbuilt tolerance for unacceptable workplace behaviour is daft. 

You’re not getting what I have said (mainly because you clearly want to blow it up out of all proportion). I find it hard to accept someone like Callister was actually bullied. Honestly it’s largely preposterous. Even if he was he should be intelligent enough to deal with it proactively without going crying to the papers about how three woman allegedly ganged up on him. It’s called having dignity. 

• Like 1