Rob Callister

La Colombe

1 minute ago, Steady Eddie said:

You’re not getting what I have said (mainly because you clearly want to blow it up out of all proportion). I find it hard to accept someone like Callister was actually bullied. Honestly it’s largely preposterous. Even if he was he should be intelligent enough to deal with it proactively without going crying to the papers about how three woman allegedly ganged up on him. It’s called having dignity. 

Perhaps, but would have been better if you'd originally phrased it based on intelligence and dignity, rather than bringing gender stereotypes into the mix in a clumsy and old-fashioned way. 

1 hour ago, Itsmeee said:

The letter was written by Sir Humphrey

The letter was clearly written by that odious MLC who could give Sir Humphrey a run for his money. I still think there is more to this though that has to come out yet. How much trouble can you cause in 51 days? Callister seems to have a reputation for being an idiot but you’ve really got to push the boat out to cause such a revolt in just over a month. Maybe he was just clearly not up to the job from day one? 

The last thing an organisation in crisis needs is a naive and inexperienced idealist in charge. And I say this somewhat in Callister's defence because his constituents continue to sing his praises, even Quirky rallied in favour. At that level his cap fits. It's probably accurate to concur that his re-instatement as minister produced surprised eye-rolling and mild panic in some of those at the sharp-end, who legitimately questioned Callister's appointment on whether he actually had suitable capabilities and understanding of his role and function.

Was his removal underhand? Rob would appear to think it so. I get the impression he's alleging that certain colleagues have actively conspired against him, to ensure his removal, going by his recent commentary.

And now we've got helmsman Hooper. A man barely capable of having both feet on the ground at the same time, imo.

Meet the new boss, same as... etc., etc. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

Any chance anyone can express an alternative view amongst some of the fawners on here? 

You're too pre-occupied with your "I hate Rob Collister" rants to look at the bigger picture. Anyone with an active brain cell knows that RC doesn't help himself, but in this instance, the problem is a lot deeper than one man

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

You're too pre-occupied with your "I hate Rob Collister" rants to look at the bigger picture. Anyone with an active brain cell knows that RC doesn't help himself, but in this instance, the problem is a lot deeper than one man

According to you. An anonymous person on the internet who claims to have 100% awareness of the situation 😂 I don’t hate the guy at all. I just know from his private sector career what a dick he generally is. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

I've been witness to bullying, both by men and women. In my (admittedly limited) experience the women bullies have been far more vicious, devious and subtle...

Is there even a case for bullying after 51 days? It’s not really long enough to prove anything in is it? You had a few tough meetings fine but bullying is a day in day out relentless exercise and a month and a bit and based on probably a handful of meetings at most you’d be hard pressed to support evidence of bullying to me. I also struggle to think of Callister as a victim of bullying by a few women MHKs to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Is anyone even suggesting bullying?

The charge against Rob seems to be that he was over assertive in meetings. 

Rob in turn alleges that he didn't get support from his colleagues and that when they raised their concerns with the CM he was unfairly sacked. 

1 hour ago, Declan said:

Is anyone even suggesting bullying?

The charge against Rob seems to be that he was over assertive in meetings. 

Rob in turn alleges that he didn't get support from his colleagues and that when they raised their concerns with the CM he was unfairly sacked. 

Rob alleged bullying in Keys yesterday from what I read in the newspaper report.