Rob Callister

La Colombe

15 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Why did these women issue joint statements, why not stand up singly and voice their concerns instead of ganging up together…totally inexperienced no marks.

quite possibly because it will have been one noisy one jostling the others to sign the letter... Spoken to singly, they would tell a different story

Edited by Passing Time
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Why did these women issue joint statements, why not stand up singly and voice their concerns instead of ganging up together…totally inexperienced no marks.

He made his allegations against them collectively. Why shouldn’t they respond collectively? In fact, why wouldn’t they, it’s much more appropriate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He made his allegations against them collectively. Why shouldn’t they respond collectively? In fact, why wouldn’t they, it’s much more appropriate.

Didn't the co-signed letter to Alf come first though. It was an appalling letter and seems to be made up from several comments cobbled together, possibly from different sources. Probably not the best way to deal with the situation in the long run. Naive or underhand.? Take your pick.

Now that the CM has referred the matter to the Standards Committee that presumably now shuts down any further related comment or questions in next weeks HoK. 

40 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Rob alleged bullying in Keys yesterday from what I read in the newspaper report. 

Can you bully the boss?

It looks more like they had concerns about his behaviour and raised it with his line manager. What is the process here? 

It seems to me - 

• the CM didn't want to deal with it like a manager and shunned his options - quiet word of advice, coaching, warning
  • his preferred solution was thwarted when Rob refused to offer his resignation

Then he should have referred the matter to the Standard's Committee before the sacking. 

In effect the investigation isn't now into Rob's behaviour or the member's conduct but into Cannon's decision to sack Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

23 minutes ago, Apple said:

Didn't the co-signed letter to Alf come first though. It was an appalling letter and seems to be made up from several comments cobbled together, possibly from different sources. Probably not the best way to deal with the situation in the long run. Naive or underhand.? Take your pick.

Now that the CM has referred the matter to the Standards Committee that presumably now shuts down any further related comment or questions in next weeks HoK. 

I understand that they raised concerns with Alf and he requested they put in writing.

I don’t get the pro Callister sympathy and underlying misogyny against the political members because they’re women.

Ive an open mind about fault, and it’s now for the standards enquiry - even if I know where my money is on for being in the wrong, just based on previous and post event pronouncements.

I get the impression that the political members are being restrained, Rob is going over the top in a petulant way.

Would he get paid £400,000 to join I’m a Celebrity, like Matt Hancock, or £500 - 800,000 like Boy George? Or would we have to do a go fund me to pay them to take him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Rob alleged bullying in Keys yesterday from what I read in the newspaper report. 

I'm not sure he's alleging bullying against himself, though, just that it was taking part in the Department.  According to Gef's (as usual quite decent) coverage:

Members of the DHSC have refuted claims made by the former health minister that ‘bullying’ was happening in the department. 

Michelle Haywood, Tanya August-Hanson and Joney Faragher said that following comments made by Rob Callister in the sitting of Tynwald this morning, which involved him accusing the department of bullying, they felt they had to comment. 

Speaking in Tynwad [sic], Mr Callister asked: ‘Where was the Chief Minister’s integrity when I brought forward allegations of bullying? Where was the Chief Minister’s integrity when I brought forward mistakes made in the department? Where was the Chief Minister’s integrity when I brought behavioural problems with my department members [to him]? I’m absolutely appalled by the Chief Minister’s comments this morning.

9 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

. Speaking in Tynwad [sic], Mr Callister asked: ‘Where was the Chief Minister’s integrity when I brought forward allegations of bullying? Where was the Chief Minister’s integrity when I brought forward mistakes made in the department? Where was the Chief Minister’s integrity when I brought behavioural problems with my department members [to him]? I’m absolutely appalled by the Chief Minister’s comments this morning.

F2112FCD-C0E9-45F3-89CE-D462A3F41790.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Yes, particularly via a behaviour well known in HR circles called 'mobbng' - which, as the name implies, is a group behaviour.

Just perhaps, and I'm out on a limb here, that Rob was right and there are still issues with how people are treated in the health and care services, even in the higher ranks where tensions may just be surfacing? And just suppose he raised it with the CM? Is that what the members didn't like, as it involved some of the people they have to work alongside.?

Pure speculation of course, but stranger things have happened. 😀We will never know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Apple said:

Just perhaps, and I'm out on a limb here, that Rob was right and there are still issues with how people are treated in the health and care services, even in the higher ranks where tensions may just be surfacing? And just suppose he raised it with the CM? Is that what the members didn't like, as it involved some of the people they have to work alongside.?

Pure speculation of course, but stranger things have happened. 😀We will never know.

I just can't see it or Rob Callister would have stated all of this in Tynwald, instead of having a hissy fit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1