Rob Callister

La Colombe

To be fair have said before I feel sorry for Rob but for sure he doesnt do himself any favours. Dont think he's a bad person though and despite me giving him a hard time I just wonder is this issue with him getting sacked has anything to do with possible him standing up to the long standing mentality of the CS . Maybe he rattled the cages , and god do they need it , and they have closed ranks to protect there cosy life and job. ? Of course the other MHK's and MLC are going to toe the party line. Just a theory that maybe has no mileage but possible would explain a lot . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

He’s spelt Haywood’s name wrong on that letter, she’ll not like that.

I suppose it's an easy mistake for a Manx person to make - what with the Heywoods of the Nunnery - but you'd think that the Chief Minister writing to a Tynwald Committee would be able to get the name of a Tynwald member correct over a year after she was elected.  You'd also think that someone in the Chief Secretary's Office would have spotted it if nothing else.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

There is a reference to only Annexes 4 and 6 of the Standing Orders, but not to Annex 5.

Annex 5 is a rather odd insertion of some 2016 advice John Quinn gave about Tynwald members not acting as lawyers on behalf of constituents.  Or indeed offering any advice at all.  It's probably not relevant here and is an just an expansion of what is in Annex 4 in any case.

16 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Cannan resign.

Part of me agrees, but then another part of me thinks who do we end with instead and do we really want the whole of government disrupted and distracted again looking for a replacement who realistically won’t be any different.

We voted them in.  Maybe it’s time to just let them crack on without a load of distractions and do the best they can?  What’s the alternative with four more years before another election?

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Annex 5 is a rather odd insertion of some 2016 advice John Quinn gave about Tynwald members not acting as lawyers on behalf of constituents.  Or indeed offering any advice at all.  It's probably not relevant here and is an just an expansion of what is in Annex 4 in any case.

Yes, sorry. Google gave me the 2018 version, which is out of date.

I have a real desire to be able to Photoshop all these characters together in a picture with the grim reaper and knives being drawn by certain members, and the Chief Minister on the floor begging for forgiveness from Rob 🤣🤣 OK it won't happen but what a total disaster is this Government.

14 minutes ago, Last Ten said:

I have a real desire to be able to Photoshop all these characters together in a picture with the grim reaper and knives being drawn by certain members, and the Chief Minister on the floor begging for forgiveness from Rob 🤣🤣 OK it won't happen but what a total disaster is this Government.

It's quickly become as bad or worse than the Quayle regime. And that was really bad.

50 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

We voted them in.  Maybe it’s time to just let them crack on without a load of distractions and do the best they can?  What’s the alternative with four more years before another election?

How long until you get your pension- like most blinded CS Shills you’ll know how many years months days minutes until the gold clock ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

How long until you get your pension- like most blinded CS Shills you’ll know how many years months days minutes until the gold clock ?

Me?  About 35 years and apart from the basic state pension it will be completely privately funded!  Are you mixing me up with someone else?  I have not a single penny of CS pension - I only wish I did 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Me?  About 35 years and apart from the basic state pension it will be completely privately funded!  Are you mixing me up with someone else?  I have not a single penny of CS pension - I only wish I did 

@offshoremanxmani am sure it’s a lane attempt to wind me up, but seriously? What on earth makes you think I am civil service?