Rob Callister

La Colombe

15 minutes ago, WTF said:

if they were blokes they'd be warlocks , what's the issue again ?

Yeah, you often hear the term 'warlocks' used as a derogatory term used against men.

I suppose 'bitch' and 'dog' are similarly interchangeable?

If we are going to criticise people, lets get past the lazy name-throwing, similarly, 'woke', 'karen', 'gammon'etc.

If we can't critique properly, let's at least insult imaginatively.

I suppose I now get what I've got coming, but make it original, please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

If we are going to criticise people, lets get past the lazy name-throwing, similarly, 'woke', 'karen', 'gammon'etc.

I see the mental health / mental illness confusion still gets tossed around with no real insight or understanding. Does it make it easier for posters just to call each other using that language. You wouldn't if you had members of family experiencing real difficulties or make fun of people with physical health limitations.

Can we just have a grown up section please for those that want to seriously raise issues and make comments that may contribute to the quality of life on the island ? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Apple said:

I see the mental health / mental illness confusion still gets tossed around with no real insight or understanding. Does it make it easier for posters just to call each other using that language. You wouldn't if you had members of family experiencing real difficulties or make fun of people with physical health limitations.

Can we just have a grown up section please for those that want to seriously raise issues and make comments that may contribute to the quality of life on the island ? 

Just use the “ Start new topic” facility on the menu and label it “ grown up section”

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Just for the record,  I have  never ever linked to  any sex aids sites, 

I  don't need to, I am a sexual  god..........

Anyway 🙂 

That's not the kind of editing I am talking about and that you don't seem to understand THAT is worrying.

Please see  the post by JW  above  before you  kill  this  forum.

That  is a  subtle  way  of  saying  you need to  step down/ back off and MF  needs  more mods  to take  over.

Quite a few of us thing he’s doing okay

• Like 3

It's a good job it's him and not me. There's many posts I would get rid of and several posters we can do without.

Those who can't keep a civil tongue would be the first to go. 

Any other nominations ?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gilbert Wanksock said:

For someone who is educationally subnormal with a law degree from the Open University of Calcutta written on the back of a paper plate. This forum clearly is a considerable editor of content and the mods should be held responsible for all its contents as they clearly change or remove anything they don’t like. He’s so incompetent in hiding it they can’t even pretend they don’t anymore 

Err, don't think this forum is a considerable editor of content. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Apple said:

It's a good job it's him and not me. There's many posts I would get rid of and several posters we can do without.

Those who can't keep a civil tongue would be the first to go. 

Any other nominations ?

I'll get my coat. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Apple said:

A good insightful post. It reads as a basic bullying technique if people don’t want other people to take anything said by a poster seriously. It’s not nice to keep in reading those sort of things I agree.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I genuinely enjoyed the opportunity to be the island’s Health and Social Care Minister and I met some amazing people in my short time, who wanted to see things change for the better, but unfortunately I now have to wait to see what the investigation has to say in respect of my sacking in November…

As the saying goes “It is better to try and fail than never to try at all” - from my own point of view I don’t believe I did fail, I just wasn’t given a fair opportunity by the Chief Minister to address some very difficult operational issues. More on this item in January or early February when the investigation report is published.

Given such a difficult year for so many people, my own personal highs and lows in 2022 are insignificant compared to the suffering that many people experienced over the past 12 months.

How does anything on Rob Callister always get side tracked.

I thought the investigation started by Alf Cannan, will be set around what Mr Callister stated in Tynwald about bullying and bad behaviour in the Department, Why Rob thinks it is just about him and his sacking which it might not touch, is beyond me.

14 hours ago, Apple said:

Good point.   If all insults had reference to mental health removed and replaced with some physical illness, I wonder if the trolls who do it would still feel that it was acceptable and that they could get away with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I thought the investigation started by Alf Cannan, will be set around what Mr Callister stated in Tynwald about bullying and bad behaviour in the Department, Why Rob thinks it is just about him and his sacking which it might not touch, is beyond me.

And you'd be thinking wrong and Callister right.  The letter sent by Cannan to Skelly on what is to be investigated is quite clear:

image.png.cd128c3f9a173a558960bbbe4758958b.png

(Image only sorry).  Any investigation into bullying etc within Manx Care would obviously inconvenience too many of the people who matter (ie the managers).

• Like 3