Rob Callister

La Colombe

27 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

And you'd be thinking wrong and Callister right.  The letter sent by Cannan to Skelly on what is to be investigated is quite clear:

image.png.cd128c3f9a173a558960bbbe4758958b.png

(Image only sorry).  Any investigation into bullying etc within Manx Care would obviously inconvenience too many of the people who matter (ie the managers).

You just know from the way that’s so carefully written that they know there’s something going to come out on that remit and timeline that it isn’t going to reflect well on Callister. 

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

And you'd be thinking wrong and Callister right.  The letter sent by Cannan to Skelly on what is to be investigated is quite clear:

image.png.cd128c3f9a173a558960bbbe4758958b.png

(Image only sorry).  Any investigation into bullying etc within Manx Care would obviously inconvenience too many of the people who matter (ie the managers).

Well there is always a first, I apologise to Mr Callister, I know he looks at manx forums. I missed this, is it on the Tynwald web site Mr Mexico.

I like the word "suggest".

On 1/1/2023 at 11:15 AM, Roger Mexico said:

Did Callister though?  I can't see anything recent on his Facebook about his sacking except this:

It was also during the cruise when the Chief Minister asked me to take on the role of Health and Social Care Minister, and if I had realised at the time the events that would unfold over the next five weeks I would have declined the offer.

I genuinely enjoyed the opportunity to be the island’s Health and Social Care Minister and I met some amazing people in my short time, who wanted to see things change for the better, but unfortunately I now have to wait to see what the investigation has to say in respect of my sacking in November…

As the saying goes “It is better to try and fail than never to try at all” - from my own point of view I don’t believe I did fail, I just wasn’t given a fair opportunity by the Chief Minister to address some very difficult operational issues. More on this item in January or early February when the investigation report is published.

Given such a difficult year for so many people, my own personal highs and lows in 2022 are insignificant compared to the suffering that many people experienced over the past 12 months.

Otherwise it's just the usual Callister thing of telling you stuff you knew anyway (the Queen's dead apparently).

I really don’t have the time or inclination to read much from Mr Callister these days. I just relied on reports from elsewhere. If he didn’t say it, it changes very little about my opinion of him. To be fair, he is no worse than many other low-achievers who enter politics here and then, by virtue of acquiring a few votes, become instant experts in every field they have the opportunity to comment on. At least, with this particular example it’s only his self-promotion we see. 

I don’t really follow the opinion that there was nothing more behind his sacking than back-stabbing women. That’s just sexist conjecture and I suspect there was more to it than that. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Good point.   If all insults had reference to mental health removed and replaced with some physical illness, I wonder if the trolls who do it would still feel that it was acceptable and that they could get away with it.

Indeed.

“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”Eleanor Roosevelt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thereisnt said:

Indeed.

“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”Eleanor Roosevelt

However Eleanor hadn’t met Rob. If she had the quote would be:

“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people; Rob Callister is mindless and publishes blogs that discuss nothing but Rob.”

• Haha 2

Just now, Two-lane said:

If the people responsible for operational issues are not doing that efficiently (or similar word), whose responsibility is it sort that out?

Not Callister's.

There's a Manx Care board in place, isn't it their job to sort out "issues" backed up by the quality commission audits?

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

There's a Manx Care board in place, isn't it their job to sort out "issues" backed up by the quality commission audits?

If the Manx Care board is not doing their job efficiently, whose job is it to sort them out?

If it were a private company, presumably the shareholders would call an EGM and vote them out. But Manx Care...?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

If the Manx Care board is not doing their job efficiently, whose job is it to sort them out?

If it were a private company, presumably the shareholders would call an EGM and vote them out. But Manx Care...?

See the Manx Care Act 2021, section 30: 'Failiure by Manx Care to discharge any of its functions'.  Both the department and the Council of Ministers have separate powers to direct Manx Care to rectify failures.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...