Rob Callister

La Colombe

6 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Having kept his napper down for a few weeks Rob Callister MHK DIY BYO XYZ  RTC B&Q KFC raised his head again to fulfil his duties and justify his salary.

Contacting Onchan Commissioners about broken window handles for tenants.

Fighting for the major issues 👊🏻

Whilst that could be true, the same could be applied to most our esteemed politicos. After all nothing has been done with Island Energy, and I’m quite sure that MHKs/Commissioners/Councillors are going to be swamped with calls from irate tenants on Manx Utilities new smart prepayment, of which I hear MUA have had ‘teething’ problems with, resulting in no power, and emergency electricians call outs. 

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Having kept his napper down for a few weeks Rob Callister MHK DIY BYO XYZ  RTC B&Q KFC raised his head again to fulfil his duties and justify his salary.

Or helping out a constituent...

15 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

MHKs can’t win. They help with things like this and they are not strategic. They don’t and they are out of touch and won’t help their constituents. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

MHKs can’t win. They help with things like this and they are not strategic. They don’t and they are out of touch and won’t help their constituents. 

But Steve....that is all he has done since being removed from his dhss role.  Fixed one window.  One could argue that is all he has done since being elected again.

Even Ashford has asked more questions in Tynwald, and that's a low bar

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

I don't blame Rob for helping out if someone asked me I would try and find the information for them but I think it is a sad indictment of society that people go straight to their MHK for something so trivial, I mean in all honesty is it really that hard to look up the commissioners number and give them a call? or the other thing is calling an MHK and getting your case bumped up the list. That really annoys me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I don't blame Rob for helping out if someone asked me I would try and find the information for them but I think it is a sad indictment of society that people go straight to their MHK for something so trivial, I mean in all honesty is it really that hard to look up the commissioners number and give them a call? or the other thing is calling an MHK and getting your case bumped up the list. That really annoys me.

have they gone straight to their mhk ??  they have probably been phoning and sending emails for months to the relevant departments with fuck all happening , then they contact their mhk who helps the departments to motivate themselves and unclog the drains.  it's like 'thats life' where the big companies did fuck all to sort the little mans problem who they shat on cos they didn't have to bother. then Esther and her team get involved and  all of a sudden as if by magic they do all they can and more to rectify their 'oversights and errors ' and we are a good company really viewers.  organisations are cunts that will try and get away with what ever they can.

17 minutes ago, cissolt said:

But Steve....that is all he has done since being removed from his dhss role.  Fixed one window.  One could argue that is all he has done since being elected again.

Sadly Professor Ashford has asked questions at areas, in part, of which he hand a in, in the previous and current administration. Yet if he is reappointed as a Munster, I’m sure all those questions, follow up questions and future questions will be easily forgotten. 

3 minutes ago, WTF said:

have they gone straight to their mhk ??  they have probably been phoning and sending emails for months to the relevant departments with fuck all happening , then they contact their mhk who helps the departments to motivate themselves and unclog the drains.  it's like 'thats life' where the big companies did fuck all to sort the little mans problem who they shat on cos they didn't have to bother. then Esther and her team get involved and  all of a sudden as if by magic they do all they can and more to rectify their 'oversights and errors ' and we are a good company really viewers.  organisations are cunts that will try and get away with what ever they can.

Yes, like Manx Gas, except every MHK have done fuck all. 

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

You haven't a clue what he or any other MHK has done since being elected, as most of the work isn't done in the public eye. If you think asking questions in Tynwald is the mark of a good politician you're falling for the theatre of the role.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

You haven't a clue what he or any other MHK has done since being elected, as most of the work isn't done in the public eye

What have been in the public eye recently are Liverpool Landing Stage and Ranson.

What has been you contribution?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

You haven't a clue what he or any other MHK has done since being elected, as most of the work isn't done in the public eye. If you think asking questions in Tynwald is the mark of a good politician you're falling for the theatre of the role.

Nobody does.  You all claim to work very hard being the scenes, but what do we see you doing? 

Questions in Tynwald are a mechanism for politicians to hold government to account.... remember that from your manifesto Mr Peters?

• Like 2