Rob Callister

La Colombe

44 minutes ago, joebean said:

The first time I ever had any contact with Rob Callister, I thought he was a bit of a knob. This was shortly after being elected. Everything he has done and said since that day has confirmed my initial opinion. When he was made a Minister I felt a bit of sympathy for the CM for obviously having so few options to select from, but thought he was a knob for not choosing another. Manx politics needs less knobs is my conclusion, for what it’s worth. 

Once a knob ……………

Not going to change unfortunately, he will always be a knob. 

CM Cannan has little selection to choose from, unless he goes for Jason Moorehouse, or Tim Glover. I can see him promote the likes of Michelle Haywood etc. Clare Christian I can’t envisage as a Minister as she wants to be able to speak her mind. 

Edited by 2112

I think there must be a reason why Rob doesn't understand that media and social media are the same thing. He seems to become hyper- focused on one thing tuning out everything else, so no interviews to the media in his mind does mean posting on social media.He seems to get stuck in a negative thought pattern which determines his behaviour, being over focused on one element of the context, so he can't process the meaning.   

8 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I think there must be a reason why Rob doesn't understand that media and social media are the same thing. He seems to become hyper- focused on one thing tuning out everything else, so no interviews to the media in his mind does mean posting on social media.He seems to get stuck in a negative thought pattern which determines his behaviour, being over focused on one element of the context, so he can't process the meaning.   

So, in summary; a Knob 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Declan said:

If you think about it though, in a normal workplace, would Rob have been sacked? Or would his manager given him a warning about how he speaks to people and maybe some advice?

Maybe, it wouldn't have been effective, given Rob's extreme case of reflexive denial but Cannon hasn't played a blinder here.

This isn't a normal workplace though is it. Its a government department with a mahoosive budget and responsible for people's health. It wasn't even a normal time, it was against a backdrop of Magsongate. It needed decisive action and Ald CannAn delivered it.

Whether it was the right action is a different question but it was deffo swift.

42 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Since he has been elected I don't think I have seen anything from him where he has acknowledged he may have been in the wrong, just constantly blames something else. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Holte End said:

To be fair to Rob, most of the British (traditional) media and their producers spend a lot of time denouncing social media and holding it responsible for all the ills of the world.  Even when social media is just repeating stuff that appears on the front pages and behaving in the same unpleasant ways that the mainstream does.  So you can see why bears of little brain like Callister are influenced and think they are different things.

One of the themes of this whole affair is the continuing indignation of Tynwald and government that any of this stuff is being discussed in public at all and continuing attempts are made to shut discussion down.  But there's no actual legal or other reasons for silence from any of the parties.  Like the made-up excuses of sub judice over the Ranson affair it's basically just a way of those in charge avoiding talking about awkward things they bear ultimate responsibility for.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

To be fair to Rob, most of the British (traditional) media and their producers spend a lot of time denouncing social media and holding it responsible for all the ills of the world.  Even when social media is just repeating stuff that appears on the front pages and behaving in the same unpleasant ways that the mainstream does.  So you can see why bears of little brain like Callister are influenced and think they are different things.

One of the themes of this whole affair is the continuing indignation of Tynwald and government that any of this stuff is being discussed in public at all and continuing attempts are made to shut discussion down.  But there's no actual legal or other reasons for silence from any of the parties.  Like the made-up excuses of sub judice over the Ranson affair it's basically just a way of those in charge avoiding talking about awkward things they bear ultimate responsibility for.

That'll be the name of the educating drag queen, Sub Judice. 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The real problem was presumably that they couldn't hear her properly through the gimp mask.

Think you’re confusing your fetish, kink, gender and cross dressing identities there, Roger