Rob Callister

La Colombe

On 9/23/2018 at 8:26 PM, Rob Callister said:

My written question led to the P.O. issuing an apology this month to all Tynwald Members, because IOM does not have the cheapest postage in Europe....

4 years and a full apology circle is finally squared.

12 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

I don't know the guy or much about him, but why is he getting slagged off for what seems to be him standing up to the islands CS which are your islands main problem?

Genuine question.

Two starters as background information before you take a deeper look.

1. He asked a question in Tynwald about how much it costs to post a letter - bewildering.

2. He voted against a motion he proposed in Tynwald - FFS 

Fill your boots on the rest.

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

I don't know the guy or much about him, but why is he getting slagged off for what seems to be him standing up to the islands CS which are your islands main problem?

Genuine question.

He has never put a motion of his own fruition in seven years.                                          

He voted for a recommendation against the motion that  he had proposed.                                      

He made a complete bulls up of the recommendations he was adding to a bill.They took a recess, so he could get it together and when they reconvened he got worse and they had to stop.                       

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The Onchan car booters are already selling bootleg copies of his Tynwald apology DVD. 

31BAFEA8-4DA9-48C6-B937-5A7A0B030905.jpeg

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

https://www.tynwald.org.im/spfile?file=/business/opqp/opqp/2023-PP-0043.pdf

https://www.tynwald.org.im/spfile?file=/business/opqp/sittings/20212026/2023-PP-0032.pdf

Having read the report, can somebody explain to me why Mrs Haywood doesn't have to apologise?

Why should Rob apologise for something he says he hasn't done, but Mrs Haywood should only reflect on the appropriate use of language in formal settings, even thought the committee didn't find any breach.  

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

https://www.tynwald.org.im/spfile?file=/business/opqp/opqp/2023-PP-0043.pdf

https://www.tynwald.org.im/spfile?file=/business/opqp/sittings/20212026/2023-PP-0032.pdf

Having read the report, can somebody explain to me why Mrs Haywood doesn't have to apologise?

Why should Rob apologise for something he says he hasn't done, but Mrs Haywood should only reflect on the appropriate use of language in formal settings, even thought the committee didn't find any breach.  

Didn’t she just swear at Rob after he made some comments to her? Think Rob was found guilty of several breaches 

Rob has a lot of support from people who appreciate being kept up with what is going on in Tynwald.    With the alternative Manx Radio abysmal news reporting and the local rags not worth buying it is good to find out what s going on. If you don’t like It scroll on……

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

If you don’t like It scroll on……

Rob has a choice, will he allow the committee to brand him dishonest and a bully by apologising or will he keep his honour and  refuse to apologise. Tynwald could vote not accept the report, which is not likely or Rob could apologise while still denying the allegations, it is then up to the President to accept his apology or not. I am not a Rob fan so will just scroll on.

25 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Rob has a choice, will he allow the committee to brand him dishonest and a bully by apologising or will he keep his honour and  refuse to apologise. Tynwald could vote not accept the report, which is not likely or Rob could apologise while still denying the allegations, it is then up to the President to accept his apology or not. I am not a Rob fan so will just scroll on.

So, as he says in his letter in the appendix, where is the email that said this CS should 'consider their position'? Seems a pretty vital piece of evidence considering it's effect on his reputation? 

Having been on the receiving end of professional bullying a couple of times in my career, it's a no brainer that you keep notes, records and copies of all correspondence.   

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Holte End said:

Faithfully reproduced 

1B736CF6-216D-4D55-A63F-EBC0046224D9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

She sounds a real charmer.     I would put money on Rob’s political career lasting longer than hers.

Sorry Sid, sometimes you need to speak in the only language that will get the message through, although not professional but then again you have to make amends if the person you are dealing with is not prepared to take in what you are implying. I have told many CS bods to "fuck off" and they actually came back into reality mode and were able to take on board your side of the argument. I have never met RC and really to me it sounds like he is always the victim even if in the wrong he will never admit it.