Rob Callister

La Colombe

Hooperman says releasing evidence would be fundamentally different wrong, and also civil servants are living in fear of repercussions, (from whom, other eschelons of the civil service and politicos?).

in another summary of yesterdays tedious debate in Tynpotwald by the NPM. It’s rather telling though that if civil servants are still supposedly ‘living in fear’, especially when the supposed perpetrator has been sacked, it is apparent that IOMG, and especially the DHSC/Manx Care still have deep seated behavioural and cultural issues. Hooperman obviously doesn’t give a toss, judged by his conduct running to the courts during the Ranson Tribunal, appealing at many aspects of the decisions. Perhaps Civil Servants are living in fear from repercussions from Minister Hooperman? Maybe they also fear Professor Ashford, remember he presided over a Department which was involved in a dispute which ultimately has cost the island financially and reputationally. 

Perhaps Rob Callister was the politico from hell, and a real tyrant, and ogre, who relentlessly tormented civil servants, hectored, lectured and bullied them? As Minister Julie Edge commented, civil servants are aware of the complaints procedures in place, and no complaints were raised. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Zulu said:

From what I have seen of Michelle Haywood I would say she has got behavioural problems and is very arrogant at times.  

I would say that if she has the need to swear at people, and also use inappropriate language, it says a lot about her as an individual. She has now gone on record and apologised for her inappropriate language etc in the Tynpotwald debate. She may come across be perceived as a victim, but by apologising, she was illustrated herself as someone unfit for public office, especially when like others portraying themselves as professional, competent and ‘whiter than white’. 

• Like 1

Bit of a spat on Manx radio facebook with comments from Haywood & response from Rob who’s now writing to CM & chief Secretary!!

Lots of robs supporter’s taking Haywood on , she needs a break from social media!!

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Bit of a spat on Manx radio facebook with comments from Haywood & response from Rob who’s now writing to CM & chief Secretary!!

Lots of robs supporter’s taking Haywood on , she needs a break from social media!!

I find it demeaning when the our politicians engage in juvenile spats on Social Media.  FFS!

38 minutes ago, Banker said:

A bit? That’s an understatement, CM Cannan needs to be involved now, showing leadership. Rob Callister has been punished, many times over. Michelle Haywood has been mildly rebuked and is now shown as incompetent, and arrogant to boot, yet is intent to continue to put the boot in, launching verbal attack after attack …………… in working time, paid for by the GMT! She is paid to work, not to sit on Facebook all day. The same can be said for Rob Callister, except in all fairness, he really reposts IOMG propaganda nonsense or stuff relating to Onchan.

Perhaps CM Cannan should make it a condition of serving even as a Department member of the DHSC that she can’t post on social media, even in her own time unless she is posting press releases. She should issue a personal apology in the next Tynpotwald sitting for her behaviour, both to the court, and to those affected. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Banker said:

Perhaps a social media policy needs to be devised, for civil servants, and politicians alike.

22 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

70 grand a year to fanny around falling out on Facebook during the working day.

Our representatives on the world stage.

Bloody Nora.

To be fair communicating with the public is part of their job, so they're arguably better doing that than sitting at home doing nothing.  As it happens for once Callister was fairly reticent mainly restricting to one comment:

David - yes, you are spot on…. I have just written to the Minister, the Chief Minister and the Chief Secretary on that particular point ([DHSC staff ha]ve been living in fear long before Rob Callister MHK for Onchan came along. This government haven't got a clue.), take care

Haywood however has gone on in full battle mode, assuming that people didn't understand the difference between Manx Care and DHSC (when they clearly did) and failing to explain why if DHSC had less than 50 staff it needed four political members.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Zulu said:

From what I have seen of Michelle Haywood I would say she has got behavioural problems and is very arrogant at times.  

I used to do quite a bit of diving with Michelle's firm in PSM.

Undoubtedly she's quite a smart cookie and could be useful for some input to nature and marine matters, but I burst out laughing (in agreement) at the statement regarding her 'behavioral problems' which I'd say are akin to some form of savant!   

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

To be fair communicating with the public is part of their job, so they're arguably better doing that than sitting at home doing nothing.  As it happens for once Callister was fairly reticent mainly restricting to one comment:

David - yes, you are spot on…. I have just written to the Minister, the Chief Minister and the Chief Secretary on that particular point ([DHSC staff ha]ve been living in fear long before Rob Callister MHK for Onchan came along. This government haven't got a clue.), take care

Haywood however has gone on in full battle mode, assuming that people didn't understand the difference between Manx Care and DHSC (when they clearly did) and failing to explain why if DHSC had less than 50 staff it needed four political members.

I’m beyond caring who said what and to whom. It just needs to stop. 

Communicating with the public is one thing but this doesn’t sound anything like communication. 

Someone needs to have a word on the pair of them. 

• Like 2