Rob Callister

La Colombe

13 hours ago, joebean said:

Mr Callister has settled into his level; as a local councillor and representative. It’s a shame the people of Onchan see fit to see him paid as a national politician from the public purse, but that’s Manx politics for you. We need and deserve a bit better for our money. 

I remember when Rob first ran for Onchan MHK. I thought he'd do a good job as he seemed to genuinely care about the island, and not just Onchan. I thought he'd do a lot for us all. 

How wrong could I be? He's done SFA as far as I can tell, aside from collecting his nice salary and spewing verbal diarrhoea all over social media. 

Disclaimer: I am not an Onchan voter. (Can't blame this shit on me!)

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I remember when Rob first ran for Onchan MHK. I thought he'd do a good job as he seemed to genuinely care about the island, and not just Onchan. I thought he'd do a lot for us all. 

How wrong could I be? He's done SFA as far as I can tell, aside from collecting his nice salary and spewing verbal diarrhoea all over social media. 

There’s a huge amount of Callister bashing on this forum which often feels tantamount to bullying. But he hasn’t performed in line with his claims but then neither has anyone else. I’m on the Garff side of Onchan and at least our Tamborine bashing Oswald Mosley clone has had the food grace to keep him mouth shut to the point that people are already questioning if he’s still alive. Callisters main problem seems to be that he puts everything out on social media and then gets ripped for it. But there’s so many of them not doing anything at all and not getting ripped as people have basically forgotten who they even are. Even if you try to find “Andrew Smith” in the phone book there’s about 20 of them. An MHK who might as well not be there at all. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

But aren’t those posters just “offering an opinion” (© BriT)?  🤣

You’re now on block. I really cannot be bothered with your drama. Read some of these posts many certainly cross the line when people are saying a politician is thick, stupid, useless, a moron a laughing stock etc etc page after page. They aren’t parody or humour many are basically insulting and I’d have though Callister would have a much better chance with some of these with the police than anything discussed in other threads. if you can’t work that out then maybe English isn’t your first language. 

Edited by BriT
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BriT said:

You’re now on block

I really cannot be bothered with your drama

maybe English isn’t your first language.

More interested in your blatant double standards than your specific view on Callister.   However, “right back atcha” in all three quoted particulars.   Bye again!   🤣

Edited by Jarndyce
Clarification

4 hours ago, BriT said:

There’s a huge amount of Callister bashing on this forum which often feels tantamount to bullying. But he hasn’t performed in line with his claims but then neither has anyone else. I’m on the Garff side of Onchan and at least our Tamborine bashing Oswald Mosley clone has had the food grace to keep him mouth shut to the point that people are already questioning if he’s still alive. Callisters main problem seems to be that he puts everything out on social media and then gets ripped for it. But there’s so many of them not doing anything at all and not getting ripped as people have basically forgotten who they even are. Even if you try to find “Andrew Smith” in the phone book there’s about 20 of them. An MHK who might as well not be there at all. 

Could be worse your MHK could be Anne Corlett. I honestly have no idea why anyone voted for her. She's barely said five words since she got back in. Makes Geoff Corkish, when he was in the Keys, appear to be a right chatterbox.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Could be worse your MHK could be Anne Corlett. I honestly have no idea why anyone voted for her. She's barely said five words since she got back in. Makes Geoff Corkish, when he was in the Keys, appear to be a right chatterbox.

Anna Corlett is my MHK, her silence is deafening, and we still have just 3½ years left before the next G.E.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beyond Belief said:

Anna Corlett is my MHK, her silence is deafening, and we still have just 3½ years left before the next G.E.  

Is she responsible for digital isle of man?  Will we see her promoting the isle of man as an ai tech incubator hub?  Or just more radio silence?

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just to let you know Rob has a skip at his house if you’ve any rubbish to dump 😂 Also he fell down the bank into some nettles & got stung 😀. Another cracking Facebook message from Rob!!

As it was so long I just skimmed it but caught the tingling in my fingers and arm so read it properly thinking he may have had a heart attack couldn't believe when I saw it was nettles