Rob Callister

La Colombe

The trouble with Rob Callister is …………… he hasn’t got much common sense, he may have some intelligence and all these professional qualifications, but he has zero common sense. Comparing himself to Dominic Raab is possibly laughable. Dominic Raab is way more intelligent than Rob Callister, and has made his way to Cabinet position and Deputy Prime Minister. Rob Callister was a Minister for a short period of time, and other than a brief role of responsibility, his only public service experience was parish pump politics. I’ve said before that if Rob Callister kept his gob shut, behaved and played the game, he may have been given another chance. No chance now. 

perhaps he should be focusing on the fact that he approved the appeal  on behalf of the department of health  against the  Dr Ranson  decision , perhaps linking himself with Dominic Raab  is a deflection ,  with a bit of Luck  Alf will drop him right in the SH1t  at question time next week   when some of the answers to Mrs Christians questions come out ,and we see Rob for what he actually is ,

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Omobono said:

perhaps he should be focusing on the fact that he approved the appeal  on behalf of the department of health  against the  Dr Ranson  decision , perhaps linking himself with Dominic Raab  is a deflection ,  with a bit of Luck  Alf will drop him right in the SH1t  at question time next week   when some of the answers to Mrs Christians questions come out ,and we see Rob for what he actually is ,

I think Rob is very badly done by on this forum. Equally I’ve arrived at the opinion that he’s probably burned every bridge that exists over two terms.

3 hours ago, Omobono said:

Robs defence will be that they made his an offer he couldn't refuse, Luca Comin Brasi held a gun to his head and Vito Cannanleone told him, either his single brain cell or his signature would be on the appeal papers. 

19 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Of COURSE it all sounds familiar! That’s because it’s the exact same situation Rob. Both not accepting responsibility, both playing the victim, both deflecting and blame shifting.

Here’s a clue. They ALL do the same things when they are caught out. 

Lack of self awareness and self reflection in both of them is zero. 

I wouldn't say it was exactly the same situation.  There are certainly similarities, both men do have a complete lack of self-awareness, but even there there are differences.  Raab's seem to come from arrogance - he sees every one else as inferior and himself as being automatically right, so he can't be bullying just pointing out his innate superiority.  Anyone attempting to connect him with reality must be wrong, as reality is what he says it is.  Whereas Callister seems to be just dumb and a bit socially inept, unaware of the effect his behaviour has.

Also of course Raab has a long history of behaving in this particular way, going back to the start of his political career, always demonstrating classic bullying, which is usually a sustained pattern of behaviour over a period of time.  The report produced on him was so damning that even the current Tory Party couldn't keep him on.  In contrast the outsourced report on Callister was pretty thin stuff, the sort of rows that competent management would sort out with a few quiet chats.  The main accusation would have been pretty minor stuff, even if the civil servant was completely accurate and Callister denies it (and accuracy isn't something the DHSC bureaucrats are famous for).

Callister has just been clumsy and over-sensitive when challenged in previous roles and in all his previous Departments (and there were many) civil servants seem to have been able to deal with him  - perhaps too easily.  His period at DHSC was of such Trussian brevity that there simply wasn't time for a pattern of bullying to develop.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I wouldn't say it was exactly the same situation.  There are certainly similarities, both men do have a complete lack of self-awareness, but even there there are differences.  Raab's seem to come from arrogance - he sees every one else as inferior and himself as being automatically right, so he can't be bullying just pointing out his innate superiority.  Anyone attempting to connect him with reality must be wrong, as reality is what he says it is.  Whereas Callister seems to be just dumb and a bit socially inept, unaware of the effect his behaviour has.

Also of course Raab has a long history of behaving in this particular way, going back to the start of his political career, always demonstrating classic bullying, which is usually a sustained pattern of behaviour over a period of time.  The report produced on him was so damning that even the current Tory Party couldn't keep him on.  In contrast the outsourced report on Callister was pretty thin stuff, the sort of rows that competent management would sort out with a few quiet chats.  The main accusation would have been pretty minor stuff, even if the civil servant was completely accurate and Callister denies it (and accuracy isn't something the DHSC bureaucrats are famous for).

Callister has just been clumsy and over-sensitive when challenged in previous roles and in all his previous Departments (and there were many) civil servants seem to have been able to deal with him  - perhaps too easily.  His period at DHSC was of such Trussian brevity that there simply wasn't time for a pattern of bullying to develop.  

Rob Callister will be the ideal pasty or fall guy for any of the mistakes relating to both the DHSC Ranson appeal (s), ManxCare and other issues. In normal cases, a Minister would take one for the team, and then later on be quietly intagrated back into the fold. I don’t think this would apply in Rob Callisters case. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

i would ask you to look at these characteristics and try to separate the behaviours of Raab, from Callister. Are there any glaring differences?

I would suggest not, because they both do the same.

When cornered, outed, found guilty of a misdemeanour, an abusive bully also shares the same traits as any other.

Lack of accountability

Lack of responsibility

Blame shifting

Victim blaming

Playing the victim

Garnering support from others

You’re brilliant. A lot of your behaviour on here could easily be described as bullying especially your comments on Callister. Another one with little self awareness. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You’re brilliant. A lot of your behaviour on here could easily be described as bullying especially your comments on Callister. Another one with little self awareness.

Comedy gold.   Member with posting behaviours which could easily be described as bullying describes another poster as having little self awareness.

You couldn't make it up...🤣

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Comedy gold.   Member with posting behaviours which could easily be described as bullying describes another poster as having little self awareness.

You couldn't make it up...🤣

I don’t have posting behaviour of that kind at all. It always bemuses me why you just can’t respond directly. The post above is literally an insane ramble with little self awareness whatsoever of the posters own nasty passive aggressive forum behaviour. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The post above is literally an insane ramble with little self awareness whatsoever of the posters own nasty passive aggressive forum behaviour.

...and there he goes again!   I thought you'd blocked me days ago, certainly a better option than displaying your own issues for all to see, every time you reply.   Tell you what: I'll block you for a bit, you can have a lie down, let your anger subside...

• Haha 1