Rob Callister

La Colombe

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/confidence-in-cannans-administration-at-an-all-time-low-says-mhk/

I wonder if he ran it by The President before calling for a General Election.   

Ah bless him Little Bobby Onchan still doesn’t realise he’s the most cartoon politician in Manx History - he’d probably vote against his own motion again…..

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2023 at 2:45 PM, Moghrey Mie said:

Julie Edge calling for yet another committee to review members standards.

Has someone touched her bum? Or maybe no one???

Order order. Appols. Maybe the man in a dress and wig will listen to her???

Sorry, appols ,Skelly only wears it in Tynwald, ( or so we are told)?

Strange that the standards committee doesn't look at 'performance'!!!

• Haha 1

I see Rob is pondering an early general election. The only purpose that would serve is to give the Island’s voters the opportunity to rid itself of MHKs who currently serve no useful purpose and to replace them with candidates who could.  In those circumstances, I’m surprised he is not pondering an extension to the current term. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, joebean said:

The only purpose that would serve is to give the Island’s voters the opportunity to rid itself of MHKs who currently serve no useful purpose and to replace them with candidates who could.  

And there's the rub - getting useful candidates to come forward. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A man who six months ago was more than happy to become a Minister  in this administration.

A general election will not bring about reform of our system where the the leader is not elected by the voter nor does it implement a system where we can vote on policy not on individual wish lists .

1 hour ago, joebean said:

I see Rob is pondering an early general election. The only purpose that would serve is to give the Island’s voters the opportunity to rid itself of MHKs who currently serve no useful purpose and to replace them with candidates who could.  In those circumstances, I’m surprised he is not pondering an extension to the current term. 

If he doesn't like the Cannan administration then he just needs to call for a vote of no confidence in him in the Keys...

• Like 2

He would get back in regardless, due to all his granny farming. Only a couple of days ago he picked up (having been tagged) a concern about a pothole on the Onchan Residents FB page, raising the issue with the DOI. Not only a waste of a 'national' politician's time, but it wasn't even in his part of Onchan (it's in the stupid Garff bit)....

• Like 1