Rob Callister

La Colombe

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Person has nice dinner, posts about it on social media, parts of which have a mental breakdown that someone might possibly have dared to have a nice time somewhere and tell people about it. Hopeless.

You have to ask, why would you post about it on Social Media, It is clearly to promote himself and the restaurant, he never posts what he has eaten in the cafe at Government Offices with pictures, I think he either likes breaking government code or just doesn't care as you only have to pretend to be sorry and carry on breaking the rules.

16 minutes ago, Holte End said:

You have to ask, why would you post about it on Social Media, It is clearly to promote himself and the restaurant, he never posts what he has eaten in the cafe at Government Offices with pictures, I think he either likes breaking government code or just doesn't care as you only have to pretend to be sorry and carry on breaking the rules.

He frequents the Noodle Bar on Prospect Hill I think. I am not against any politico going out, eating, drinking or carousing. What they do or spend their hard earned money on is their affair. I would have thought it better as not to publicise so as not to rub it in voters faces, that money whilst spent in the local economy, some people don’t have money to spend as they a) are maxed up to the hilt in other commitments b) are in some cases having to work additional hours for extra income and c) the additional costs of living, not helped by rises in utilities, road taxes, rates and water rates. 

Remember when RC did the blog, he did provoke antagonism and ridicule with what he spent his expense money on. 

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

Remember when RC did the blog, he did provoke antagonism and ridicule with what he spent his expense money on. 

And what a farce that was, he didn't even know what you could and couldn't claim as an expense. I really believe it was changed because of the ridicule he received, because it put the MHK's in such a bad light.

Edited by Holte End

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

He frequents the Noodle Bar on Prospect Hill I think. I am not against any politico going out, eating, drinking or carousing. What they do or spend their hard earned money on is their affair. I would have thought it better as not to publicise so as not to rub it in voters faces, that money whilst spent in the local economy, some people don’t have money to spend as they a) are maxed up to the hilt in other commitments b) are in some cases having to work additional hours for extra income and c) the additional costs of living, not helped by rises in utilities, road taxes, rates and water rates. 

He helped publicize hospitality & didn’t rub it anyone’s face except yours obviously, FFS stop criticizing everything constantly you’re getting like cueey & his puppets!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 2112 said:

I see Rob Callister has become the IOM answer to Micheal Winner - restaurant critic. Apparently Rob and his wife, went out for dinner on Friday night, with friends, to Bonds in Onchan. He has been posting his exploits on Facebook, and raving about his experience. I’m sure other Dining Establishments in the Locality are awaiting his arrival. Does he frequent Onchan Precinct, its cafes and takeaways? 

He is entitled to go and eat where he likes, but should be mindful, especially in these economic times that many of his constituents would like to eat out, but don’t have the disposable income. Bonds isn’t exactly light on the wallet either. 

Get a grip loser, so what if he has had a decent meal and now promoting the restaurant. You're becoming obsessed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

Christ on a cracker - are you stalking him now...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just a thought.

If RC went out and had a crap meal would he write about that experience?

It doesn’t really bother me either way to be honest.

Well if he was wise he probably wouldn't, it's not very politically astute for a smart politician. So he might. 

This is basically, Onchan MHK bigs up Onchan business. 

Edited by Declan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Declan said:

Well if he was wise he probably wouldn't, it's not very politically astute for a smart politician. So he might. 

This is basically, Onchan MHK bigs up Onchan business. 

Are their many other MHKs or MLCs that have promoted a business in their constituency's or island wide, in particular through the use of social media?

I can’t think of many instances. I’m sure Onchans other MHK uses local businesses within the constituency and shops local, but whether it’s publicised or not is another matter. 

As someone mentioned earlier, Rob the Gob (who is no doubt scanning this MF topic every few minutes) appears to be ignoring the Government Code (my emphasis).

"Tynwald Members ... must never use the status of Member of Tynwald for any private advantage of themselves, their family or friends, or otherwise in circumstances which may be perceived as creating an unfair advantage..."

If I recall correctly, said Code has caused problems for him previously.

• Like 1