Rob Callister

La Colombe

7 hours ago, quilp said:

How very open of you.

Lacking attention, perhaps? 

There really seems to be something fundamentally mentally wrong with posters like you. 

10 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

But my mother isn’t worth £45 with tip. 

Didn't fancy claiming she was dead and then getting weirdly upset about it when it is suggested you made it up? Cos that would be entirely normal behaviour on here.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Didn't fancy claiming she was dead and then getting weirdly upset about it when it is suggested you made it up? Cos that would be entirely normal behaviour on here.

I was just making a joke. I should know better really as that then opened the door for the input of some sort of demented online psychologist. Which actually was an even bigger joke. There really are some absolute sad cases on this forum who seem to take themselves and their views far too seriously. And then on the other side we have the bullshitting fantasists who make stuff up to cause arguments. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WTF said:

she shouldn't have put her prices up then .

I’ll let her know. 10% Xmas discount. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

I was just making a joke. I should know better really as that then opened the door for the input of some sort of demented online psychologist. Which actually was an even bigger joke. There really are some absolute sad cases on this forum who seem to take themselves and their views far too seriously. And then on the other side we have the bullshitting fantasists who make stuff up to cause arguments. 

So the  “ joke”  is that you were pretending your mother is dead when she’s really alive? 

That’s the funniest thing I've heard in ages. A real side splitter.

You may find the following of interest:-

https://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Day-off-Work-by-Pretending-You've-Experienced-a-Death

5 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

If that is aimed at me getting a bit pissed off when my mum, who died fairly recently got dragged into things, then you are even more of a tit than I had you down for originally.

46 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

So the  “ joke”  is that you were pretending your mother is dead when she’s really alive? 

No it’s clear what I said. I know that you 1. Don’t read 2. Probably can’t read and 3. Seem to have the cognitive capabilities and general charisma of a melted Wellington boot, but I would have thought that it was fairly clear what I said when you’re not instantly looking to get offended about something. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

No it’s clear what I said. I know that you 1. Don’t read 2. Probably can’t read and 3. Seem to have the cognitive capabilities and general charisma of a melted Wellington boot, but I would have thought that it was fairly clear what I said when you’re not instantly looking to get offended about something. 

@The Voice of Reason

Cluey is clearly a bit of an odd one, but he is right.  You clearly haven’t followed the posts at all (as usual)

At no point did he mention his mum being dead.

However.  Thanks for “liking” the post where The Teapot had another jibe at me for getting slightly miffed when someone made a joke out of the fact that my mum did actually die fairly recently and guess what? I was and still am actually quite upset by her death and the circumstances leading up to it.

What a lovely place this is 🙄

Edited by CrazyDave

10 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

@The Voice of Reason

Cluey is clearly a bit of an odd one, but he is right.  You clearly haven’t followed the posts at all (as usual)

At no point did he mention his mum being dead.

However.  Thanks for “liking” the post where The Teapot had another jibe at me for getting slightly miffed when someone made a joke out of the fact that my mum did actually die fairly recently and guess what? I was and still am actually quite upset by her death and the circumstances leading up to it.

What a lovely place this is 🙄

I don’t think Teapot was having a jibe at you for the reason you state ( well it didn’t seem so to me). I certainly wouldn’t have “liked” that if I’d thought it was the case.

Anyway I meant no disrespect and apologies if it came across like that.

On 12/4/2023 at 11:38 AM, 2112 said:

Are their many other MHKs or MLCs that have promoted a business in their constituency's or island wide, in particular through the use of social media?

I can’t think of many instances. I’m sure Onchans other MHK uses local businesses within the constituency and shops local, but whether it’s publicised or not is another matter. 

Not MHK/MLC but several councillors do quite regularly in Ramsey and Douglas. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Yes - there's the Ramsey Councillor who complained his chippy takings were down because Ramsey had the audacity to hold the Sprint to attract people to the town...

there's dumb and then there's councillors

• Haha 1