Rob Callister

La Colombe

On 12/3/2023 at 10:48 AM, TheTeapot said:

Person has nice dinner, posts about it on social media, parts of which have a mental breakdown that someone might possibly have dared to have a nice time somewhere and tell people about it. Hopeless.

I think that is massively missing the point and oversimplifying.

Is that person who is paid out of the public purse then going to go out and use his social media presence to promote every other business in his constituency?  If not why not?

What happens if he goes to one that is crap? Does he then do a public service by advising his constituents to avoid it and spend their hard earned elsewhere?

To my mind it just shows a lack of awareness to promote one individual business.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

To my mind it just shows a lack of awareness to promote one individual business.

It was likely well intentioned. But he’s not clever enough to be well intentioned. It looks like “I believe I have a huge social media following. So I’ll just make a post that advertises Bonds to all my followers”. Forgetting that most of his social media audience is in Ballachrink or Ashley Park and have no money to go to Bonds. He probably should have posted a picture of himself on Onchan Park boating lake wearing a hoodie. 

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Agenda from last night, Rob conveniently forgets he was children's champion and most of the issues highlighted in the ofsted report were present under his watch.  And he did absolutely nothing about them.

Https://www.manxradio.com/radioplayer/od/items/agenda-15th-january/?fbclid=IwAR0XmMUjLraiRz-NnTYs3WueNYBTi231VsAlGAxqrfJn1Kz1TKSsTMzaOJ4

He’s on Mannin line Monday along with Julie edge so you can call in & remind him 

2 hours ago, Banker said:

He’s on Mannin line Monday along with Julie edge so you can call in & remind him 

Good idea! I suspect most of the calls will be directed at Julie over the pools so it might be a welcome respite for her.

@Rob Callister Only contribution to the manning line yesterday, was to say he was going to bring a motion forward to change the Onchan constituency  boundary.  Surely this isn't allowed ?                                                                             https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-hopes-to-bring-onchan-back-together-in-boundary-review/

25 minutes ago, Holte End said:

@Rob Callister Only contribution to the manning line yesterday, was to say he was going to bring a motion forward to change the Onchan constituency  boundary.  Surely this isn't allowed ?                                                                             https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-hopes-to-bring-onchan-back-together-in-boundary-review/

Think he can bring any motion he likes but doesn’t mean it will be passed!

however it does seem ridiculous that places like estates by KEB golf course are now in garff constituency when actually in Onchan 

looks like when government is faced with a huge overspend , we are tying everybody up with election issues and re drawing boundaries    talk about fiddling while Rome burns   ,were currently in a crisis    so lets get the priorities right 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Omobono said:

looks like when government is faced with a huge overspend , we are tying everybody up with election issues and re drawing boundaries    talk about fiddling while Rome burns   ,were currently in a crisis    so lets get the priorities right 

Or the government have to manage lots of issue at the same time… 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Lots of kerfuffle about the electoral process.

Most IOM Govt issues can be solved easily by putting up this simple sign at the office where people pick up their paperwork to stand as an MHK/MLC.

Don't know why this idea has not yet been considered. 

s-l1200.webp

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Lots of kerfuffle about the electoral process.

Most IOM Govt issues can be solved easily by putting up this simple sign at the office where people pick up their paperwork to stand as an MHK/MLC.

Don't know why this idea has not yet been considered. 

s-l1200.webp

the place would be empty .

• Haha 2