Rob Callister

La Colombe

Never mind getting leave of absence, the growing trend is to just go walkabout out of the chamber when there’s something coming up you’d rather not vote on. Moorhouse quite likes this one, and today it was Claire Christian, Julie Edge, Ann Corlett and Chris Thomas on the Bill Shimmins vote - in Thomas’ case just after he had spoken on the matter, so he didn’t have to listen to any counter-arguments or actually vote on it

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2024 at 6:03 PM, Fred the shred said:

I don’t think he is the only time I have seen him in church is when there is a special occasion and he is representing Onchan as an MHK . I don’t think he is an undercover happy clapper can’t imagine that.    He is just fence sitting trying to please everybody which is impossible at any time let alone all of the time.

You're right, he's not the churchy type except for civic services and general election time. And you can say that for quite a lot of others as well, Polly Perkins to mention one. I also heard recently that a certain minister, not previously known for attending church at all turned up for a couple of services in the North during the last GE, one of which was not in his constituency!

1 hour ago, Steve_Christian said:

By the same rules, do they also get overtime when they work longer hours & weekends? 

Do they all work longer hours and weekends? And longer hours than whom?

Daphne gets very upset if she gets an email at the weekend so I doubt she's working longer hours than anyone..... Unless it's on a jolly to a remote island 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cissolt said:

Do they all work longer hours and weekends? And longer hours than whom?

Daphne gets very upset if she gets an email at the weekend so I doubt she's working longer hours than anyone..... Unless it's on a jolly to a remote island 

I’m just saying, if people want to reduce their wages for stepping out of Tynwald, it should only be fair that they get paid overtime for additional hours. I’m not saying who works when and how many hours. 

Edited by Steve_Christian
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Lots of people replying to him saying manx telecom had spread responded and in reality it's not an issue 

Just the usual kneejerk response from Rob at the first hint of a tearful granny, then. You'd think he'd carry out a few checks first before firing off an "Angry of Onchan" email, but it's not the first time and it probably won't be the last.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheldon said:

Sound the Granny Farming klaxon! 

image.png.a94ffdf90d81e02df232c692b7d71e93.png

More importantly, how much is he paying annually for those useless initials after his name? And is he claiming on MHKs expenses?

16 minutes ago, cissolt said:

More importantly, how much is he paying annually for those useless initials after his name?

Sadly, we're paying for that final set of useless initials.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, cissolt said:

More importantly, how much is he paying annually for those useless initials after his name? And is he claiming on MHKs expenses?

He's missed off his cycling proficiency and one length under water - not to mention membership of the Combined Union of National Treasurers.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sheldon said:

Sound the Granny Farming klaxon! 

image.png.a94ffdf90d81e02df232c692b7d71e93.png

I would be happy to get any sort of bill from MT. Despite trying for years I don't get anything never mind through the post. They still manage to take my money though.