Rob Callister

La Colombe

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I’ll help you out here maybe Phillip Vermulen - that fella who bought and invested in your golf course, built you a new clubhouse, fights off Dandara, bought the Nunnery invested heavily in upgrades and has funded numerous redevelopment projects in Castletown.

His ROI is about 1400 quid a year in greenfees from you.

He’s also rumoured to be funding the proposed cannabis farm

Also the person who wanted to redevelop a small golf course in Bride - he made his money in tourism! 

For all his faults and he had many and divided islanders - Tilleard who redeveloped Callie’s Yard, but was thwarted in taking things further. 

Just now, FANDL said:

Eighteen members of the House of Keys voted for the Budget (including Maltby & Faragher) with just six voting against - Claire Christian, Tim Glover, Jason Moorhouse, Juan Watterson, Chris Thomas and John Wannenburgh.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/budget-2024-financial-plan-passed-by-tynwald/

Sarah Maltby is actually a Treasury member so presumably MLP has complete amnesia and forgot that it’s own leader and vice leader both voted for a budget proclaimed as “progressive” which set Manx Cares budget and screwed lower paid workers with an increased tax burden. 

It's more than likely proof that few if any of them know what they're actually voting for on the day. Wasn't there also noise about Budget details being released so late that there was no time for scrutiny before Keys voted too?

A done deal with the nodding monkeys compliant and kept in the dark and now they're complaining about it. You couldn't make it up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Which HNWIs are you talking about and what projects? Can’t recall any?

I know John Whittaker wanted to put a wind turbine outside his house in port Erin which was correctly declined as it would be a major eyesore, what else?

Wasn't it John Whitaker who wanted his own solar array and Daphne turned him down?

Just now, Non-Believer said:

It's more than likely proof that few if any of them know what they're actually voting for on the day. Wasn't there also noise about Budget details being released so late that there was no time for scrutiny before Keys voted too?

A done deal with the nodding monkeys compliant and kept in the dark and now they're complaining about it. You couldn't make it up.

It’s proof we have two failed political parties supposedly representing the people. The health ministers monster raving ego party in LV which wants high taxes for all locals to fund further fiscal incompetence, and the MLP a party that can’t even seem to remember that both its MHK senior members actually voted for a healthcare budget it now proclaims was wrong. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FANDL said:

It’s proof we have two failed political parties supposedly representing the people. The health ministers monster raving ego party in LV which wants high taxes for all locals to fund further fiscal incompetence, and the MLP a party that can’t even seem to remember that both its MHK senior members actually voted for a healthcare budget it now proclaims was wrong. 

The two mhks have been abject failures, and their stints in health and treasury have added no value to either the island nor their party.

Luckily the MLP failed to have their property developer injected into LegCo.  

24 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Also the person who wanted to redevelop a small golf course in Bride - he made his money in tourism! 

For all his faults and he had many and divided islanders - Tilleard who redeveloped Callie’s Yard, but was thwarted in taking things further. 

Tilleard ! Another clown who screwed many local businesses! The golf course is the only good thing I can remember any HNWIs being stopped in doing 

Surely it was the hnwi who 'stopped' the golf links hotel site from being redeveloped???

If he didn't want lots of cars driving past his house, then he should have lobbied to close the golf course?

What was it about access across his land to another property, can't remember the details???

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

Surely it was the hnwi who 'stopped' the golf links hotel site from being redeveloped???

If he didn't want lots of cars driving past his house, then he should have lobbied to close the golf course?

What was it about access across his land to another property, can't remember the details???

I think @Banker wasn’t clear in his post (not surprising but I will try and clarify) - he’s trying to say Tilleard should have got permission in Bride for golf course and tourism - it’s not the Dandara v Vermulen Castletown dispute.

However I do know that the Golf Links Hotel at Castletown is number 1 on short list of least likely Isle of Man 3.00 am fires kept by both fire service and Loss adjusters

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I do know that the Golf Links Hotel at Castletown is number 1 on short list of least likely Isle of Man 3.00 am fires

LEAST likely???

Let it burn, save on demolition costs?

Even if it took the golf clubhouse down with it, don't think they would mind the chance to redevelop on an insurance claim???

Close to the legal limit here JW?😉

Edited by Kopek

10 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I think @Banker wasn’t clear in his post (not surprising but I will try and clarify) - he’s trying to say Tilleard should have got permission in Bride for golf course and tourism - it’s not the Dandara v Vermulen Castletown dispute.

However I do know that the Golf Links Hotel at Castletown is number 1 on short list of least likely Isle of Man 3.00 am fires kept by both fire service and Loss adjusters

Bride was nothing to do with tilliard , not like you to get facts wrong 😂

• Like 1

Irony alert.

Man with about 87 made up letters after his name who has had more jobs and multiple careers than any other living Manx resident accuses government of not doing enough to re-skill people for multiple careers and preparing them for AI replacement.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/government-needs-to-do-more-to-reskill-population/

Can anyone imagine an AI Rob Callister replacement that can write great slabs of self aggrandizing unread bollocks on Facebook 24/7?

• Like 1