Rob Callister

La Colombe

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I think the IOM government have written a few big cheques to the CPA (directly or indirectly)...but can't find any detail in Hansard, accounts etc.

...would appreciate someone else giving it a try.

They tried that one on a while back, when there was an outcry about attendance (might have been the St. Helena one), one of them (Caine?) tried to say that the CPA paid for it, not IoMG; conveniently forgetting that the CPA is funded by contributing members, including us.

Getting elected and the sense of self-importance blinds people to where exactly the money comes from...

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

They tried that one on a while back, when there was an outcry about attendance (might have been the St. Helena one), one of them (Caine?) tried to say that the CPA paid for it, not IoMG; conveniently forgetting that the CPA is funded by contributing members, including us.

Getting elected and the sense of self-importance blinds people to where exactly the money comes from...

Assuming Daphne went by cargo boat to save the planet like Greta would have done?😀

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Banker said:

Assuming Daphne went by cargo boat to save the planet like Greta would have done?😀

The head of the climate change team flying to St Helena to discuss the 'climate emergency ', really couldn't make it up.

From the CPA St Helena conference website:

Topics will include:

Climate emergency

Green energy solutions

28 minutes ago, Holte End said:

It is in the Pink Book, last time I looked was 2017, which was just over £22,570.00, Probably around £35,000.00 now but can't find it.

I'm sure a figure of around £170k was mentioned around October 2023...but can't find any actual mention of it.

37 minutes ago, Holte End said:

It is in the Pink Book, last time I looked was 2017, which was just over £22,570.00, Probably around £35,000.00 now but can't find it.

No way - that wouldn't even cover Spewin Juan's aspirin bill

48 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I'm sure a figure of around £170k was mentioned around October 2023...but can't find any actual mention of it.

That was just the membership.Google it. 

To be honest I thought it would be published under members interests, in government audit accounts.

Edited by Holte End

3 hours ago, Holte End said:

To be honest I thought it would be published under members interests, in government audit accounts.

Ah, "Transparency"....

35 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Ah, "Transparency"....

It is like me trying tell she who must be obeyed, I play golf for free, obviously I have to pay a little membership charge of £750.00 a year, but the golf free. Yes I really going to try that one.  But MHK's seem to get away with it on Facebook and people believe it and post it.

4 minutes ago, Holte End said:

It is like me trying tell she who must be obeyed, I play golf for free, obviously I have to pay a little membership charge of £750.00 a year, but the golf free. Yes I really going to try that one.  But MHK's seem to get away with it on Facebook and people believe it and post it.

You'd be amazed how many people here still hold MHKs in demi-god status and believe everything they say like it was being handed down on stone tablets, it's how the fuckers get away with so much.

I was in the old Shoprite in Ramsey a few months back and an "old boy" was practically on his knees worshipping Alf Cannan who was in there, over his performance during Covid. 

4 hours ago, Holte End said:

I searched for an hour...not in any Hansards or other committee documents, or listed in accounts.