Rob Callister

La Colombe

On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 3:08 PM, Kitten Mittens said:

Trees falling down are usually the result of an 'act of God'. Once a tree has fallen how does one determine if the tree that has fallen, fell into the road due to extreme weather (of which we face plenty on this Island) or due to a neglect of care over a tree?

If a tree falling is an act of god, then what isnt an act of god?

If one thing is an act of god, then so must be all others. Presuming they are referring to the omnipotent creator god?

On 2/26/2019 at 3:08 PM, Kitten Mittens said:

Trees falling down are usually the result of an 'act of God'. Once a tree has fallen how does one determine if the tree that has fallen, fell into the road due to extreme weather (of which we face plenty on this Island) or due to a neglect of care over a tree?

inspection records and tree surveys..........

42 minutes ago, woody2 said:

read mine........

:rolleyes:

Great. Let's keep a blocked road closed for longer so that an inspection can be carried out before beginning the process of removing the blockage.

I assume that's what you mean, but as you never, ever expand on any of your 'contributions' it really is difficult to be sure.

10 hours ago, Declan said:

The Rob’s Blog begins like a kid's essay. 

Except if you're a member of Tynwald, every week is "What I did on my holidays".  

The kindest thing you could say about Rob's latest (and indeed usual) diary, is that it is meant to be written at a level so that even people with a low level of education can understand it.  And he has rather overdone the dumbing down and moved into plain dumb.

But the obsessive detail about the unimportant aspects of the job is sometimes revealing.  It shows what a passive experience the whole trip to Edinburgh was and how little preparation seems to have been done or expected.  More important nothing seems to have been learnt (or at least communicated) about what was experienced there - perhaps about the way Holyrood committees provide pre-legislative scrutiny.

And of course most of what these trips provide could be provided at rather less cost by simply looking things up.  First Minister's Question time is available on iPlayer for example (indeed SP sessions and committees are  viewable on the dedicated website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I actually read his blog for the first time. Well, the extract featured in this thread at any rate. Amazingly I only fainted with boredom the once....

It's very obvious that despite all the efforts to big everything up it might as well have read:

"Flew to Edinburgh with fellow freeloaders, decent hotel, decent foodie experinces, all on X's, didn't get too bored, beats working for a living, flew back...."

As far as I am concerned the quality of the current denizens of Tynwald is simply abysmal. I don't think the bar has ever been set lower.

And every time they swan off on yet another jolly that bar drops another notch.

But they just don't care.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I actually read his blog for the first time. Well, the extract featured in this thread at any rate. Amazingly I only fainted with boredom the once....

It's very obvious that despite all the efforts to big everything up it might as well have read:

"Flew to Edinburgh with fellow freeloaders, decent hotel, decent foodie experinces, all on X's, didn't get too bored, beats working for a living, flew back...."

As far as I am concerned the quality of the current denizens of Tynwald is simply abysmal. I don't think the bar has ever been set lower.

The big worry is that they honestly believe they are in there for the greater good. Messing around with parish pump type problems and no ability at all to tackle the major concerns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, P.K. said:

At this rate, the bar will be set that low, then next batch of MHK’s will have to be limbo dancers... ;)

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

At this rate, the bar will be set that low, then next batch of MHK’s will have to be limbo dancers... ;)

Well then you would at least know they have one thing they're good at.

Unlike....

• Haha 1