Rob Callister

La Colombe

33 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Rob take no notice of all this crap, you got elected, you are doing what you enjoy doing, do not let these snipers get you down, rise above it.

I doubt that will happen...

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Rob take no notice of all this crap, you got elected, you are doing what you enjoy doing, do not let these snipers get you down, rise above it.

Translation: Rob, this is James, please let me lick your boots.

9 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I imagine getting paid more than you have earned in your previous career for a secure line of employment is doing what you really enjoy doing. However I do regret replying to a post which relates to this person. I hope that it doesn’t invoke a forum blitzkrieg once more. I was just making an observation based on the posts above. 

If you can't delete it, just stick with it,.

1 minute ago, MrPB said:
3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

If you can't delete it, just stick with it,.

There is a degree of irony associated with your reply to my post which is unusually tiresome. Good night. 

I'm asleep already. ZZZZZZZZ Boring 

• 2 weeks later...

I notice on the Onchan Residents group there's something about Rob Callister and his involvement with the DHSC and Malcolm Couch. Could somebody please explain this? I was unaware that Mr Callister had been a department member involved with this and I can't be bothered going through old newspaper articles to try and figure out what happened.  Thanks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

Beecroft apparently tried to sack Couch last year. She asked for backing from her DHSC members. Callister had been a member of the DHSC for about 8 weeks but he refused to sign the letter sacking Couch then in a huff he went to the media (surprise there!) and resigned in a very high profile way saying Beecroft was wrong to try to sack Couch. He clearly was backing Couch and stopped the Minister from dealing with the situation as she saw it. 

Roll forward a year and a bit and Beecroft has been sacked as DHSC Minister after Robs “expose” to the media and Couch has now gone anyway. Makes you wonder why he went against his Minister by backing a CEO who clearly the Minister had no confidence in over a year ago. 

Here is the report 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=32583

So you could say perhaps he’s ensured that he have wasted a year dealing with a problem that could have been dealt with relatively easily last March had he not tried to use the situation to enhance his own profile in the media by pulling a silly stunt to attack Kate Beecroft and get her sacked. 

RC does not have the clout to have anyone sacked.

KB engineered a situation in which she was never going to win ( no matter how good her intentions were). She sacked herself really and nobody should be blamed or thanked for that.

4 minutes ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

It is self evidently correct as she only got sacked after he did his whole “I can’t tell you why I resigned, nudge, nudge, wink, wink” routine to the press. 

Look deeper into the situation. Why did KB get into the war zone in the first place ?