Rob Callister

La Colombe

On 6/18/2019 at 8:27 PM, Rushen Spy said:

He probably thinks we're all the same person, which is a delusion often put out there by mediocre politicians who can't imagine more than one person out there thinking they're a dick.

You are all the same person

You are TJ

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’d forgotten about him. Was never sure whether it was a ‘thing’ though. Donald’s very specific reply intrigued me though. 

I take it you were talking about Watterson above DT? 

I am saying nothing

I'm in enough trouble as it is

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’d forgotten about him. Was never sure whether it was a ‘thing’ though. Donald’s very specific reply intrigued me though. 

I take it you were talking about Watterson above DT? 

18 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

I am saying nothing

I'm in enough trouble as it is

How can you possibly be in trouble with the Clerk of Tynwald when you're not even a Tynwald member? Could you explain a little more what you mean there.

Why would you say nothing? There's literally nothing the Clerk of Tynwald  (or the "office of Tynwald") could possibly do to censure you, a non-member of Tynwald, in any way based on a complaint from a Tynwald member. Could you *hypothetically* suggest ways that a non-member could get in trouble?

Edited by Rushen Spy

5 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Presumably the Tynwald building has a little office in it, where members can go & complain about stuff

What powers does it have over non-Tynwald members?

Edited by Rushen Spy

Oh no, just a small one - perhaps with glass framed windows - where honourable members can go & leave complaints about stuff

It may not even be staffed

Perhaps just a box marked 'honourable members' complaints'

With a slot in the top

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Why would you say nothing? There's literally nothing the Clerk of Tynwald  (or the "office of Tynwald") could possibly do to censure you, a non-member of Tynwald, in any way based on a complaint from a Tynwald member. Could you *hypothetically* suggest ways that a non-member could get in trouble?

On the contrary, Contempt of Tynwald is a thing mentioned in Standing Orders and complaints can be brought against non-members as well:

(3) (i) Where a question concerning a person, other than a Member, is drawn to the attention of the President under paragraph (2) the President shall refer it to the Standing Orders Committee.
(ii) Where a reference is made under sub-paragraph (i), the Standing Orders Committee shall –
(a) investigate and report on the question, with recommendations; or
(b) recommend that the question be referred to an ad hoc committee of privileges appointed by Tynwald to do so.

(4) The President shall orally report a reference under paragraphs (2) or (3) to Tynwald.

(5) Where a Branch or a Committee recommends under this Standing Order that action be taken by Tynwald, the President shall put the recommendation to the Court as a motion without debate or amendment.

The whole thing is left very vague as to what such a contempt would entail, but there's no doubt it exists.

• Confused 1