Rob Callister

La Colombe

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, De nada said:

So, why so many vacant properties?

Census District      Vacant    Occupied    Total         Vacancy Rate

Onchan                   438        3,974               4,412          10%

Don't think those vacant figures are accurate...

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

Oh god I’ve tried not to pay attention to this but I was on that Onchan Residents Facebook site this morning and I have to ask what is wrong with this bloke? He’s posted a whole massive post pretty much about his bloody holiday. I got halfway through it and there was not one thing about anything he’s done as an MHK in it at all. Does he think he’s some sort of local celebrity and people are avidly waiting to hear about what him and his missus have done on holiday?

Yes!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

Does he think he’s some sort of local celebrity and people are avidly waiting to hear about what him and his missus have done on holiday?

More like egotistical bell end who believes he’s a human deity who the people of Onchan worship. All that blog does is publicly embarrass him every week. 

• Haha 1

No, it isn’t. He’s not posting as Rob Callister a regular Joe who lives in Onchan and drinks at the Manx Arms, he’s posting as a senior statesman representing our Island on a worldwide stage and he’s talking about his holiday.  FFS. What’s wrong with this man. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

You are lucky, everyone I know puts their entire holiday on line, it is just like the old days when you popped in for a chat and had to see all the holiday photos then came the video era at least you can skip over the Facebook ones you are not trapped in someone's front room getting each one shown to you, it is an improvement.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

Do you never talk about your holidays? Post your opinion on-line?

Are you serious? What if I did? I’m a normal, invisible member of the public. I can post as much shit as I like without scrutiny. 

He’s an MHK, a representative of the people at an international level (god help us) and with that comes social responsibility and a degree of professional judgement that one would hope would include not confusing his personal business with his public duties. Can’t you see the difference? Christ. ☹️

Edited by ecobob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1