Rob Callister

La Colombe

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

The majority of posters on here will know what his blogs contain so do yourselves a favour and just don't read them. Problem solved...

I don't often. However, I am supportive of him writing them, which is more than most on here. As I think is the case with much of what he does, his heart is in the right place, even when the execution is lacking. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

I don't often. However, I am supportive of him writing them, which is more than most on here. As I think is the case with much of what he does, his heart is in the right place, even when the execution is lacking. 

I agree..I think he genuinely means well but it would appeal to a much bigger audience if he gave a little more insight or opinion on some of the impending or decided  issues.. That would probably mean skirting the cosy Cabinet and departmental closed shop which would be a brave but welcome move. Need someone to stir it up and ask the questions that everyone is afraid to ask....Like what about the Airport Radar ...Rob Callister ?? Chris Thomas said a announcement was forthcoming in March ...nothing !!! I dare you Rob to ask the question ? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

If you use social media it’s pretty hard to escape them as he literally carpet bombs the most popular politics groups. It should be something you subscribe to not something that is thrust into your face as a social media user. At least the PAG stopped reposting it some time ago. I presume as it’s general lack of substance was of little interest to anyone interested in political or social progress. 

Can't you block posts or posters? 

29 minutes ago, Declan said:

I've seen his blogs and skipped through them. After the first few, I just ignored them. Not because I dislike him, just that I know what the format will be and it doesn't interest me. If he could narrow the content down to more important key topics then a few more may just take the time to read them instead of just blanket hating him

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I've seen his blogs and skipped through them. After the first few, I just ignored them. Not because I dislike him, just that I know what the format will be and it doesn't interest me. If he could narrow the content down to more important key topics then a few more may just take the time to read them instead of just blanket hating him

I'm puzzled. You responded argumentatively when I made the same point earlier. Do you intend to come across this way?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Is he still doing them? Goodness me. This could become the Manx answer to The Thoughts of Chairman Mao.

1 hour ago, Declan said:

I'm puzzled. You responded argumentatively when I made the same point earlier. Do you intend to come across this way?

Wasn't meant to be argumentative Declan apologies if it came across that way. The use of the word "yourselves" was not aimed at you...:flowers:

Edited by Neil Down
  • Like 1