Rob Callister

La Colombe

22 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

God that exchange is embarrassing. I think Cue Balls diary has always been pretty close to real life to be honest. So if I read it right an MHK has now attacked an MHks partner on Facebook because that MHK seems to be embarrassed about making a total dick of himself on Facebook slagging off that MHKs partner and making up a load of nonsense about his fellow constituency MHK. You couldn’t make it up. I hope he publishes the ‘apology’ letter he says was sent to every MHK given that he posts everything bloody else on social media. 

People need to grow some dignity. 

Yes - I agree, Sultan.

Surely Ms Edge's partner is free to say whatever he likes about Rob Edward, and doesn't necessitate an attack by him on his fellow MHK?
This smacks of yet another instance of Rob Edward attempting to silence anyone who shows him up for the prat that he is, and also attempting to discredit Ms Edge, in order to weaken her position if she stands against him in the next election.

Rob - we know you read these posts - so why not publish a copy of that apology which was sent to all Tynwald members? So that we know it is not just a figment of your imagination, in your constant quest for self-promotion?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KERED said:

Yes - I agree, Sultan.

Surely Ms Edge's partner is free to say whatever he likes about Rob Edward, and doesn't necessitate an attack by him on his fellow MHK?
This smacks of yet another instance of Rob Edward attempting to silence anyone who shows him up for the prat that he is, and also attempting to discredit Ms Edge, in order to weaken her position if she stands against him in the next election.

Rob - we know you read these posts - so why not publish a copy of that apology which was sent to all Tynwald members? So that we know it is not just a figment of your imagination, in your constant quest for self-promotion?

There is an analogy with Richard Corkill here that I used above. He was another person who seemed to act in this dictatorial and bullying way. There was a time when people couldn’t even post a picture of Ned Flanders on here without having it instantly deleted and Callister seems to create similar havoc on social media anytime anything negative appears on MF or social media in general. It just generates a total shitstorm which serves to make him look an even bigger prick than had he just ignored it. Which is odd for someone who claims to have such brilliant social media engagement with people. Frankly I’ve got bored of the drama and what it seems to have done to MF let alone some of the FB Groups. People need to grow up and act like adults. It’s is so unbelievably undignified for someone in that position to be engaging in pathetic Facebook wars with a rivals partner when you assume all that partner is doing is standing up to the pathetic and abusive way he deals with his other half. Also his serial claims of sock puppets and fake accounts and the like are equally empty as he seems to have no proof at all yet uses it as his fall back position for any stick he seems to get. Which is exactly what seemed to happen on here until most of the posters who said anything negative about him basically got banned. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

There is an analogy with Richard Corkill here that I used above. He was another person who seemed to act in this dictatorial and bullying way. There was a time when people couldn’t even post a picture of Ned Flanders on here without having it instantly deleted and Callister seems to create similar havoc on social media anytime anything negative appears on MF or social media in general. It just generates a total shitstorm which serves to make him look an even bigger prick than had he just ignored it. Which is odd for someone who claims to have such brilliant social media engagement with people. Frankly I’ve got bored of the drama and what it seems to have done to MF let alone some of the FB Groups. People need to grow up and act like adults. It’s is so unbelievably undignified for someone in that position to be engaging in pathetic Facebook wars with a rivals partner when you assume all that partner is doing is standing up to the pathetic and abusive way he deals with his other half. Also his serial claims of sock puppets and fake accounts and the like are equally empty as he seems to have no proof at all yet uses it as his fall back position for any stick he seems to get. Which is exactly what seemed to happen on here until most of the posters who said anything negative about him basically got banned. 

Surely any bans would be at the behest of the mods. Callister isn't a mod is he?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Surely any bans would be at the behest of the mods. Callister isn't a mod is he?

I’m bored of this whole situation now and wish I hadn’t been arsed commenting but it seems I can no longer go anywhere online without this immature attention seeking idiot and his stupid internet presence being argued over. I said there seemed to be an analogy with Richard Corkill who seemed to make sure all negative posts on MF were taken down. I’ve already fallen out with Slinky months ago for pointing out that a lot of people who point out what a knob he is seem to get banned on MF so what I’ve said is nothing new. I dont want to fall out with anyone else again over it either as frankly I’m bored of the whole subject and commenting on the embarrassing, childish and demeaning way in which he seems to manage his own personal PR. That’s all. 

19 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’m bored of this whole situation now and wish I hadn’t been arsed commenting but it seems I can no longer go anywhere online without this immature attention seeking idiot and his stupid internet presence being argued over. I said there seemed to be an analogy with Richard Corkill who seemed to make sure all negative posts on MF were taken down. I’ve already fallen out with Slinky months ago for pointing out that a lot of people who point out what a knob he is seem to get banned on MF so what I’ve said is nothing new. I dont want to fall out with anyone else again over it either as frankly I’m bored of the whole subject and commenting on the embarrassing, childish and demeaning way in which he seems to manage his own personal PR. That’s all. 

It's not an argument, I'm asking a pertinent question. I'm not going to fall out over it. I agree, he has this knack for missing an opportunity to shut up but what sway did he have with MF Mods?

People weren't stopped from discussing Corkhill or positing pictures of Ned. There was a court case at the time - which obviously requires caution. There were a lot of angry people who didn't understand that, including people connected to the case.

I was a Mod at the start of MF for about a year and don't recall pressure coming from the Neds at all. Maybe there was later. During that time the mods were new to the role, hadn't had the support of John Wright at that stage, or the chastening experience  of the Chombledy-Warner / Gauby incident (I imagine because I'd quit by then). Whilst the team was stabilising and defining where the line was drawn, obviously they didn't get everything right. When decisions went against them people thought it was a conspiracy or undue influence (they still seem to) but it was mostly just people muddling through.  

41 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Unless things have changed drastically in the 11 months since I stopped being a moderator RC has no sway, control, hold or influence over MF.

• Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The Sultan is back on his horse, tremendous.

:D:D Not really I’d just like to use the internet once this week without having to read anything about that annoying berk on here or Facebook. It seems impossible to do so though. That’s all. I’ll stop now. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1