Rob Callister

La Colombe

Joking aside, it is best  not to fall into the trap of denigrating any and all MHKs, good or bad.

I don't know  Cregeen but at the Arbory requis meeting, he spoke very well, professionally and not with prepared answers as the questions were ad hoc.

There must be some intelligence there even if it's the last  thing we  want to admit???

4 hours ago, Holte End said:

I thought that would be up to Creegen if the island gets the world rights to pool. He is the Minister in charge of sports.      

Would be nice to know if Creegen has been invovled or will it be another DfE fiasco.             

Actually the DESC only has responsibility for local sport and sports facilities.  International competitions held on the Island are usually treated as under the heading of Tourism and so the business of the DfE and currently Rob Callister is the responsible Departmental Member.

Of course most of the more successful of such events try to have as little to do with the DfE as possible and the latter responds by trying to pretend they're not happening, trying to take them over or trying to get them stopped.  Or a combination of these.

Incidentally is Cregeen still missing in (in)action?  Last time education was on the news it was still Hooper filling in for him.

Edited to add: Cregeen's not as stupid as he is sometime made out to be, but I've never found him to be that well informed about his Department and especially how education is dealt with elsewhere.  After three years you'd have thought he would have picked up more, but like a lot of Manx politicians he seems to think knowing the latest buzzwords is enough - even if he's not quite sure what they mean. 

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kopek said:

As I said, denigration has o have some grounding!!!

It does. He couldn’t post letters correctly. In so much he was found wandering round inside someone’s house once looking for the letter box. Occupant wasn’t best pleased to say the least. 

1 hour ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

It’s not sport anyway. It’s a recreational activity for fat blokes who fancy a good fight after a few too many beers afterwards. It’s not even as sophisticated as darts which is another boozer sport popular with people on council estates. It’s hard to see what economic benefit will be gained by the DFE paying for a load of louts to come here for a good scrap. 

Yet here you are... :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually the DESC only has responsibility for local sport and sports facilities.  International competitions held on the Island are usually treated as under the heading of Tourism and so the business of the DfE and currently Rob Callister is the responsible Departmental Member.

Of course most of the more successful of such events try to have as little to do with the DfE as possible and the latter responds by trying to pretend they're not happening, trying to take them over or trying to get them stopped.  Or a combination of these.

Incidentally is Cregeen still missing in (in)action?  Last time education was on the news it was still Hooper filling in for him.

Edited to add: Cregeen's not as stupid as he is sometime made out to be, but I've never found him to be that well informed about his Department and especially how education is dealt with elsewhere.  After three years you'd have thought he would have picked up more, but like a lot of Manx politicians he seems to think knowing the latest buzzwords is enough - even if he's not quite sure what they mean. 

Well lets hope  Howard takes this away from DfE as this seem to be the worse case of self indulgence from a political member I can remember.

As other competitions are lost on island, and real spectator sports like the Car Rally.

What will we be left just  International pub competitions, whats next  an International Dominoes event.

As for people going missing you can bet someone will not be on his hols while this event takes place.

Edited by Holte End

2 hours ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

It’s not sport anyway. It’s a recreational activity for fat blokes who fancy a good fight after a few too many beers afterwards. It’s not even as sophisticated as darts which is another boozer sport popular with people on council estates. It’s hard to see what economic benefit will be gained by the DFE paying for a load of louts to come here for a good scrap. 

But people who live on council estates are all incredibly rich and have loads of money to spend.  That must be true because I keep on reading it on Manx Forums.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

Well lets hope  Howard takes this away from DfE as this seem to be the worse case of self indulgence from a political member I can remember.

As other competitions are lost on island, and real spectator sports like the Car Rally.

What will we be left just  International pub competitions, whats next  an International Dominoes event.

As for people going missing you can bet someone will not be on his hols while this event takes place.

we have an international chess tournament too.

3 hours ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

It's quite a gift to squeeze that much bile inaccuracies into that many words. Well done.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

Nonsense :lol:

How does someone get that angry by lunchtime? They must wake up furious and then gradually scale up to complete rage throughout the day. Probably best to give this forum a miss tonight if that’s the case and there will be shouts of nonsense and all sorts of rage filled abuse by 9pm. 

It won't if you stay away...

20 minutes ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

Nonsense :lol:

How does someone get that angry by lunchtime? They must wake up furious and then gradually scale up to complete rage throughout the day. Probably best to give this forum a miss tonight if that’s the case and there will be shouts of nonsense and all sorts of rage filled abuse by 9pm. 

I cant see anything that would indicate I'm angry.  Show me which bit please?

Boredom from your rants - yes.  Like everyone else.  

(Stands back and awaits for usual peckers to join in)

• Haha 1