Rob Callister

La Colombe

4 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

I dont think it's a bad idea to try entice a big pool tournament over here. And if we are going to do that then rob is obviously the best man for the job in this instance. I fail to undrrstand how anybody that's impartial could see it otherwise.

how the hell do you think a big pool event is not a bad idea.

If it was one like the late hugh hefner use to hold, bad luck as the only tits will be DfE for investing in this non event.

Why do they not invest in real sport, like Golf, Football or a Rugby Tourament.( sorry yes that would be down to DESC as local sport)

Something that would attract real numbers of people.  ( not the made up numbers from chris thomas department).

2 hours ago, WTF said:

we have an international chess tournament too.

FFS  we aleady have enough Grandmasters over here and not the chess kind.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

You clearly registered here just to rant at people which you seem to have done consistently since day one. We've had lots of posters like that. Usually the mouthy ones get banned in the end as every thread turns to mulch with them shouting “nonsense” at every other poster rather than adding any reasoned debate and the mods get bored. 

Again, show me where I'm "angry" or "ranting" or "mouthy"?

It seems to me that you're the one who can't seem to post without abusing people and coming across as slightly unhinged.

In your own time, just show what I've asked you to.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

You clearly registered here just to rant at people which you seem to have done consistently since day one. We've had lots of posters like that. Usually the mouthy ones get banned in the end as every thread turns to mulch with them shouting “nonsense” at every other poster rather than adding any reasoned debate and the mods get bored. 

Yet here you are cajoling and trying to get a rise out of him

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Holte End said:

If it was one like the late hugh hefner use to hold, bad luck as the only tits will be DfE for investing in this non event.

Why do they not invest in real sport, like Golf, Football or a Rugby Tourament.( sorry yes that would be down to DESC as local sport)

Something that would attract real numbers of people.  ( not the made up numbers from chris thomas department).

Unless the fares become a tad more attractive, we will always struggle with getting huge amounts of supporters here

2 hours ago, Holte End said:

FFS  we aleady have enough Grandmasters over here and not the chess kind.

Can we at least agree, maybe with some sort of written statement on here from you, that, were we to go ahead and have this tournament, then Rob Callister is absolutely and unequivocally the best man we have for the job of organising it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Again, show me where I'm "angry" or "ranting" or "mouthy"?

It seems to me that you're the one who can't seem to post without abusing people and coming across as slightly unhinged.

In your own time, just show what I've asked you to.

Exhibit A: 100% perfect unintentional irony.

Well done Dangly well done indeed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Can we at least agree, maybe with some sort of written statement on here from you, that, were we to go ahead and have this tournament, then Rob Callister is absolutely and unequivocally the best man we have for the job of organising it.

You would have to prove Robs pass record of such organisational skills for me to agree, otherwise I will think it is just a waste of taxpayers money .

34 minutes ago, Holte End said:

You would have to prove Robs pass record of such organisational skills for me to agree, otherwise I will think it is just a waste of taxpayers money .

He must have those clear thinking organizational skills.

I mean look how successfully he’s managed his own career to date ;)

Edited by thesultanofsheight

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Like him or not, he seems to be doing okay

Top of head:

the couch fiasco

walking out of his job fiasco

tt merchandise fiasco, 2 years running 

how much is a stamp fiasco

continual Beecroft sniping fiasco

the expenses fiasco

im sure there’s more but he’s doing ok.