Rob Callister

La Colombe

33 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I don’t know. I was looking at the CV he posted online at the time of the election. He doesn’t seem to have held down a job for more than 2 years prior to getting in as an MHK. Doesn’t show a lot of ability to plan to be honest waiting until your 50 to get a semi secure job. 

exactly, he is now on board the gravy train...

36 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’m generally not big on applauding people for finally finding the easiest and best paid job they’ve ever had in the public sector. 

Nor am I. The point being he's manoeuvred himself into a nice little earning role

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 8:03 AM, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

If MHKs had given their expense payment to charity quietly in the past how would you know?  

Any point you might have about publishing expenses is lost in the bile you're spewing out, that no one wants to read.

Rob don’t talk such shite, you just put up near a grand as charity donation, are you daft enough to think lots of politicians have not done more, quietly, and that people in a small community were not in the know of the private contributions.  

There are a few politicians, actually, who I do not even know personally but I do know privately that they are ethical and morally upstanding people. They don't go around boasting or self-promoting themselves on FaceAche. They have an old-fashioned thing called INTEGRITY: it means that when they do good deeds, they do it for the sake of doing good, and not in order to promote themselves. I could name them and would do so if pushed (as I am not one of them, nor do I have any vested interest in defending or promoting any of them) but I think intelligent or at least morally conscientious people will know what I am saying.

28 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Rob don’t talk such shite, you just put up near a grand as charity donation, are you daft enough to think lots of politicians have not done more, quietly, and that people in a small community were not in the know of the private contributions.  

Ah, so you don't know any then. Thought so.

As for me being Rob - give your heads a wobble.

31 minutes ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

Hilariously this week the master of the 360 social media about turn announces that they aren’t really expenses after all. It was all a dream him publishing a list and claiming that they were expenses last week apparently. What he didn’t realize was how hard making up fictitious expenses actually was despite him doing it for the previous two years and publishing it all like it was all real. Who would have guessed that he didn’t realize that making shit up was so going to lead to people pointing out that you’ve just made shit up? 

468CEB24-AC33-4369-8C55-F9A29969AFB8.jpeg

I predict a pay rise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RC not helping himself with the line "I find it hard to justify looking at my pay slip a line entitled member expenses"

Well clearly not THAT hard.  Otherwise he would simply hand them back.  Or certainly the ones he couldn't genuinely justify.  Those expenses should be ones incurred doing the job specifically.  Hiring halls for surgeries. Fair enough.  A portion of mobile phone cost ( you would still have a phone if not an MHK for example).   I'm slightly divided on website costs.  I suppose you could argue that it falls under communication costs.  But again to justify that you would expect the site to be taken down if not elected again.