Rob Callister

La Colombe

10 hours ago, Neil Down said:

I will if you can show me another MHK where 98 pages are dedicated to them...

Show me a page where other MHKs periodically big themselves up along side a social media, blog and website to propagate bagging themselves up and we can then make a comparison with Robs self promoting twin.  

As I wrote this it suddenly occurred to me

Of course Cretney is about as equal to Rob undisputed,

and public opinion on Cretney is just as negative.   Both a pair of self promoting nodding donkeys 

21 minutes ago, MrPB said:

There’s a rumor PK might be standing next time round In Onchan so who knows. He topped the polls for 30 years. 

THE PK, or the knob on this forum that uses that name? Even if the real PK did that, there are two seats, so I'd still anticipate Rob coming in 2nd place. Again, this is assuming no new candidates appear.

I am actually hopeful that there are many young people with an interest in politics who may yet surprise us.

11 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

I'm betting my grandmother's life savings on him being Chief Minister within the next 5 to 10 years. Go Robert!!

The sad thing is, I'd probably bet my grandmother's savings on that too. That's not an endorsement of the idea.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Not the knob on this forum that’s for sure. The real one. There does feel like there is some sort of transition going on. If you remember (you probably don’t) PK was 27 when he first got in. A young candidate standing anywhere would show a similar generational shift in the voting public as he did in the 80s I’d say. 

You're right. I do not remember Peter Karran first coming in. However, I do very vividly remember Peter Karran warning me in very clear terms to not state my political views or to in any way challenge the people in government or positions of power, saying that it would damage my career.

Edited by Rushen Spy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

You're right. I do not remember Peter Karran first coming in. However, I do very vividly remember Peter Karran warning me in very clear terms to not state my political views or to in any way challenge the people in government or positions of power, saying that it would damage my career.

Edited by dilligaf

4 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Well I was more thinking about generational shift. When he got in young people largely voted for another young person with no political baggage as a signal of change rather than an established candidate. Who wants to see another 50+ largely failed in the working world candidate to come forward in any ward? They’re just standing because they need the money and have a bit of profile. A person under 30, a woman, or an ethnically diverse person might be the litmus test for a similar shift in thinking in behalf of people who aren’t in the establishment? 

You are not for real. What rubbish.

Just now, MrPB said:

Well I was more thinking about generational shift. When he got in young people largely voted for another young person with no political baggage as a signal of change rather than an established candidate. Who wants to see another 50+ largely failed in the working world candidate to come forward in any ward? They’re just standing because they need the money and have a bit of profile. A person under 30, a woman, or an ethnically diverse person might be the litmus test for a similar shift in thinking in behalf of people who aren’t in the establishment? 

Well, this much is true: I won't be standing for election. I would easily win. But I'm focused on more important things.

• Like 2