Rob Callister

La Colombe

8 minutes ago, MrPB said:

You two really are the Burt and Ernie of this forum. You both seem to have some sort of homoerotic obsession with each other. It’s quite disconcerting, 

Are you jealous or what ?

The best part is that we don’t even know each other. Does that not sit well with you?

Edited by dilligaf

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

I feel I speak for all manxforums here when I say a big well done to rob callister for being the brains, the driving force behind making this event a reality. Well done rob, we at manxforums are all very proud of you

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/50075323

Not sure if that is just a good piss take, but I’m not impressed. Playing pool is fun but watching it is boring. Little men with big sticks playing mini snooker with little balls and big pockets. Not on the same planet as snooker, never mind in the same league. :o

I estimate this will bring in about £122. 43p if all goes well.

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Not sure if that is just a good piss take, but I’m not impressed. Playing pool is fun but watching it is boring. Little men with big sticks playing mini snooker with little balls and big pockets. Not on the same planet as snooker, never mind in the same league. :o

We thank you for your continued support...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

+VAT!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

I feel I speak for all manxforums here when I say a big well done to rob callister for being the brains, the driving force behind making this event a reality. Well done rob, we at manxforums are all very proud of you

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/50075323

It will be interesting to know the number of bed nights etc, so beloved by politicos to trot out as a reasoning for and against.

Yes, it’s wonderful seeing sport from the island being live streamed, sadly nothing really showed the island off in terms of touristic value, unlike the Prison Documentary shown earlier this year.

Tourists Spending - I would suggest low, maybe some in the local restaurants. The biggest winner was the Palace Hotell which held the competition and no doubt the entrants stayed there too

I don't see what the problem is, we should be hosting little events like these, do them well it leads to better things. Shame it takes it being someones hobby to make the news. Did you know that there has been an important chess conference going on here since the other week? Magnus Carlsen is here along with many of the worlds best players, prize money of half a million quid, virtually no local press. Should be plugging the hell out of them, making this a good place for organisations to come and run an event. Shame Summerland never got replaced, Piazza was a big exhibition space and we don't really have one of those now.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, piebaps said:

It was free to get in and spectators were welcome. BBC streamed it live and it was plugged by MR and IOM newspapers. Take your pic.

I have looked and can't find the a listing of who palyed and who, the scores and how the manx players did.

Just thought it would be nice to see if there was anybody I knew and how they did.

I don't mean Mr Callister np doubt it is on his blog how he did,  I took his advice and don't read it.