Rob Callister

La Colombe

39 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

But it seems to have taken him 3 years of a lot of people ridiculing most of what I post to effect any form of content change, No doubt worried about the next election. 

Time for you yet then...

1 hour ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

But it seems to have taken him 3 years of a lot of people ridiculing most of what he posts to effect any form of content change, No doubt worried about the next election. 

And in that 3 years people have just stopped reading the blog through sheer boredom.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

But it seems to have taken him 3 years of a lot of people ridiculing most of what he posts to effect any form of content change, No doubt worried about the next election. 

I would allow that it was suggested to him & he took the message

Ridiculing people is counter-productive

(Unless it's Howard Quayle)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Quirkio

I wouldn’t mind DQ getting back in, if he even wants to. Twice the man RC is. Not that popular in some quarters because he speaks out and is not afraid to be taken to task for saying it as he sees it. I wasn’t always a fan of his, but having listened to him for a long time on Stu’s Talking Heads, he knows what he’s talking about, unlike RC who just seems to wing it most of the time.

4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I wouldn’t mind DQ getting back in, if he even wants to. Twice the man RC is. Not that popular in some quarters because he speaks out and is not afraid to be taken to task for saying it as he sees it. I wasn’t always a fan of his, but having listened to him for a long time on Stu’s Talking Heads, he knows what he’s talking about, unlike RC who just seems to wing it most of the time.

he knew how to sort everything  once he was no longer a commissioner and was moaning they wouldn't spend money on the waterwheel down groudle and a few other things,  no mention of doing anything with the wheel before he got ousted though or spending any money on anything else,  probably didn't want to tell the constituents  the answer to everything was to put their rates up.  squash courts anyone ???

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

It's easy to attack Rob, the guys an idiot, but if he wasn't plugging his pool tournament I wouldn't have known it was on. Shame no one local was plugging the chess, it wouldn't be a surprise to find out none of them know how to play.

The chess tournament was covered in the papers. I didn’t think the profile was too bad. It was a big prize tournament too.