Radio Phone In

ButterflyMaiden

Have you got some issues that you are trying to get at or am I on the wrong track?

No issues at all Stavros. I think it's a great and noble thing, you volunteering to listen in and call on a Saturday night with your point of view from the kebab stand. I'm already very much looking forward to listening to your calls.

You, me & Stu -> that'll be 3 listeners already. Almost prime time, already.

But I can see you being a big pull for an audience, Stavros. There'll be literally several listeners or more by this time next year. And you'll need an agent.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the great bonus for me is that there's no pressure - if nobody calls, I'll just play another Pink Floyd album track...

Good God man! Have you been receiving training from the CIA's psyops division?

"Right you lot! Someone had better start talking, fast, or I'll play 'Shine On You Friggin' xxxxxx' again and again, until someone does!"

And the great bonus for me is that there's no pressure - if nobody calls, I'll just play another Pink Floyd album track...

OK - nobody call in please :lol:

Spotted the wekness there, Stu. You need to threaten listeners with 'Amarillo,' 'The Birdie Song,' 'Agadoo' etc if they don't call in!

Mind you, I'm old enough to remember the beginnings of MR, when they seemed to constantly play tracks by 'The Big Ben Banjo Band.' Perhaps you could threaten a bit of 'nostalgia!'

:)

I find music on late at night sounds better. Probably because there is less hassle and bustle going on and everything is a little more laid back. My ears have time to appreciate the sounds.

So yep, class A music on the radio late at night is great stuff. I could listen to a CD I suppose, but I like the spontaneity of live radio, but that depends on the presenter.

I enjoyed what I heard of Stu's show but I didn't hear Stavros or anyone else from the forum phoning in. Maybe next week . . .

Nope - no forum callers unfortunately, just David Quirk and Tommy and a couple of people about motorbikes (which was nice). I did mention MF too - which I thought might draw Stav away from his lamb dagger!

Got some great comments about the music - one chap called to say he usually listens to his Ipod on Saturday nights, but loved the stuff I was playing - which was great. Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm sure there are lots of people who share my tastes.

It will take a while for people to get used to me being on there on Saturdays and willing to take calls...so I'll just keep playing long Floyd tracks for now!

I was out last night, pulled three gorgeous blondes and went back to their place to have mad, passionate, hot sex with all three of them!

Alright, I didn't but at least it sounds better than I forgot or I wasn't near a radio.

Stu, I promise that I'll cease my womanising and I will reject all calls for me to go out next Saturday night.

I have a very poor memory capacity but I'll make sure that I'm there next week.

Stav.

Well Stu, at least I was listening. No excuses from lisner this time.

Wilddog, Mission, Stavros, Lonan3 and possibly Survivor too, I think should phone you LIVE on air next week!!

Perhaps you could have a 'forum five-minutes' on your show (I know you ManxRadio presenters love alliteration spots) :)

Well Stu, at least I was listening. No excuses from lisner this time.

Wilddog, Mission, Stavros, Lonan3 and possibly Survivor too, I think should phone you LIVE on air next week!!

Perhaps you could have a 'forum five-minutes' on your show (I know you ManxRadio presenters love alliteration spots)  :)

You are assuming that I have no life and that I will be in on Saturday night!............and you'd be right! so yeah, ok i'll call in - did catch the last few mins of it - loved the whole "song is long enough, so going out for a fag" comment lol. I have no idea what to call in and say tho - so a topic starter would be good.

Archived