Banksy

Gladys

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, P.K. said:

A proper prank would be if the original piece is rolled up in the cassette and a fake has been shredded.

The original piece being a stencil painting on a wall of an east end shop? This was a different piece just with the same picture with a shredder built in, this was not a proper prank, it was always a deliberate pice of art as the artist intended.

P

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I think that you might be the exact type of person Banksy likes to take the piss out of.

1 hour ago, thebees said:

Fuckign horse shit - don't believe the hype.

Actually I'm the sort of person who doesn"t like folks getting so full of themselves they get well up their own arse.......

I think half the point is Banksy  demonstrating the stupidity of the 'value' attached to (his) art and then the even greater stupidity of the value attached to the destruction!  It is not up his arse, I think it is a very clever stunt to make you think.  Much like most of his art, just Google it, he really does satirise very well. 

In no way am I an art farty type, but his very simple images convey so much commentary.   My favourite is the sneaky maid lifting up the plaster on a wall to hide the sweepings.  Just other simple stuff like Draw the Raised Bridge in Hull.  Clever, humourous and thoughtful and the fact he remains anonymous and puts his work out into the community without 'ownership'  confirms his integrity. 

Archived