Fire In Spain

I have spent sometime tonight looking for a family holiday in Spain and was quite shocked to learn 11 firemen have been killed fighting a fire in central Spain.

I am an avid reader of National newspapers and cannot recall seeing this story and I feel quite ashamed to have mised it.

I do hope everyone can feel sympathy and admiration for the guys who, worldwide, help to keep us safe from fire and sometimes pay a terrible price for it.

Spain Fire

I think this is one of the stories that demonstrates why many people no longer use the newspapers for immediate information. It was given extensive coverage on the Internet news sites almost from the moment that the news first broke. I think a similar case was the mine disaster in China which happened at around the same time as the London bombings and, as a result, was relegated in importance in the papers.

It's one of the reasons why I now tend to visit sites such as Google News, Ananova and Reuters for information each day - plus many of the online UK and overseas newspapers.

I have spent sometime tonight looking for a family holiday in Spain and was quite shocked to learn 11 firemen have been killed fighting a fire in central Spain.

I am an avid reader of National newspapers and cannot recall seeing this story and I feel quite ashamed to have mised it.

I do hope everyone can feel sympathy and admiration for the guys who, worldwide, help to keep us safe from fire and sometimes pay a terrible price for it.

Spain Fire

The fire happened on Sunday and did not hit our news until late Sunday night/early Monday morning - so too late for most editions of Monday's newspapers. This from BBC news gives the news that a group of daytrippers admit starting the fire.

The - mostly volunteer - firemen in Spain do an incredible job protecting people from fire.

Archived