The Cosy Nook Cafe Port Erin

paswt

15 hours ago, Barlow said:

Yes, we all reckoned 'The Morgue' building was way out of the reach of the tide, but that was pre 1980s.

Were's the Morgue building?

Would it make a nice Cafe !!!:P

Cold cuts sharing  platters are all the rage?

Edited by Kopek

5 minutes ago, Kopek said:

What're those hotch potch of ugly buildings on the headland? They should rip them down and get something modern up there!!!

They have indeed ripped them down and got something more modern.

More modern, more hotch potch, more ugly, and more carbuncle.

• Like 2

I was being sarcastic when I referred to the upper Prom as being ugly. I have not an oppostition to the replacements, that is what would currently be required.

Are these apartments fully occupied ? Has it to been a viable conversion? I don't know! Has PE  benifited from these appartments? I don't know!

These are private developments, the Cosy Nook is a PE. owned development and they are not revealing the quids involved in the re-build and without that, a true assessment of the development proposed cannot be made by those who would consider the ratepayers long term cost of the proposed development!

• 1 month later...

https://www.gov.im/news/2021/feb/23/three-historic-island-buildings-could-be-registered/

A former beachside café and a Victorian pub are among three Isle of Man buildings being considered for inclusion to a list of the Island’s registered buildings.

The Cosy Nook in Port Erin, Trafalgar House in Douglas and the Mitre in Kirk Michael were all issued with Proposal to Register Notices (PRN) on Monday, due to their potential special architectural or historical interest.

A three week consultation for each building will now be used to gather further information with a final decision made soon after.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

https://www.gov.im/news/2021/feb/23/three-historic-island-buildings-could-be-registered/

A former beachside café and a Victorian pub are among three Isle of Man buildings being considered for inclusion to a list of the Island’s registered buildings.

The Cosy Nook in Port Erin, Trafalgar House in Douglas and the Mitre in Kirk Michael were all issued with Proposal to Register Notices (PRN) on Monday, due to their potential special architectural or historical interest.

A three week consultation for each building will now be used to gather further information with a final decision made soon after.

Great!!