The Cosy Nook Cafe Port Erin

paswt

11 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

the best thing about kirkmichael is no public sector housing  so the scrote count is down, not that all public sector houses have scrotes living in them, but they are the breeding ground.

What a fucking shit and disgusting attitude. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

the best thing about kirkmichael is no public sector housing  so the scrote count is down, not that all public sector houses have scrotes living in them, but they are the breeding ground.

bloody hell

hope you never get a run of bad luck and need some help in your life

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I try not to wish ill will upon people, I doubt it would change their viewpoint sadly

fair point. As an aside, some cracking commissioners houses in Ramsey.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

fair point. As an aside, some cracking commissioners houses in Ramsey.

Don't encourage Pip, he'll be along to tell us how Ramsey is full to the gunwhales with scrotes and ne'erdowells and it'll upset me :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Apple said:

Wasn't that the plan ?

Imagine all this heavy wagons and bulldozers and building material merchants trying to get down that narrow lane for a drop and rebuild ? 

No, the plan was for a drop and build something 5000 times bigger.

That's what my question was, if the plans had been just for a drop and rebuild would it have been listed? Or even suggested to have been listed? Doesn't it make a mockery of the list if so?

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

All true. It does also have at times a very closed and extremely conservative, if not insular, society that frequently gives the impression of not welcoming outsiders or any type of change, look at the shenanigans in the recent past years over the KM Courthouse whose appearance is testimony to that. I'm personally amazed that the proposed DOI "improvements" to the main road haven't been met with more protest. But each to their own.

Michael Opposes Virtually Everything?

Just now, Non-Believer said:

😂  Yes, there was a reason why somebody came up with that quip....

was there an equivalent quip for RAID? I can't remember

Another thing about the Cosy Nook that annoyed me is that it was the Rushen Heritage Trust that led the complaints. They're in the process of converting the old bus stop toilets into a heritage centre. If the Cosy Nook's so "iconic" wouldn't it make a better heritage centre than some bogs by a car park.

• Like 6