The Cosy Nook Cafe Port Erin

paswt

1 hour ago, Major Rushen said:

They did this last year....

607997d59c351.jpg

Port Erin could be getting a new pop-up bar at the Cosy Nook Café - if plans are approved.

The Foraging Vintners have applied for permission to use the courtyard on the site for a temporary bar.

In its application, the company says it would put up a marquee and install decking on the beachfront eatery.

If the proposals are given the green light, the facility would open on May 15 until October.

Well I'd certainly use the pop up bar if in Port Erin on a nice sunny day

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

When you look at that photograph, you have to ask what all the fuss is about? The building has been mucked about with and looks horrible. 

This island's problem seems to be micro politics, nobody will do anything if a handful of nutters starts shouting. I wouldn't make an effort to amble up to that little shithole, but I would probably enjoy a coffee and a sandwich in the building which was proposed to replace it, on a regular basis! 

Ab-so-lutely. And that’s Manx politics in a nutshell...’nobody will do anything if a handful of nutters start shouting’. Because our political ‘leaders’ don’t have the cojones to tell the handful of nutters to fuck right off.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Ab-so-lutely. And that’s Manx politics in a nutshell...’nobody will do anything if a handful of nutters start shouting’. Because our political ‘leaders’ don’t have the cojones to tell the handful of nutters to fuck right off.

Agree. 

It is a crappy little building at the arse end of a crappy little promenade.

The proposed building is better in every way imaginable 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Edited to add. And you’re totally correct Max in terms of the utter nonsense of registering what is to all intents and purposes a bloody awful eyesore. Imagine printing a picture of that calamitous wreck in a promotional brochure with the caption ‘One of our registered buildings’. People would think we’re insane. Justifiably.

• Thanks 2

The thing is the shouty lot are obviously talking about the building, but actually an equally big trigger for them was the rabble rousing of the tenants over the past few years.

Constant claims that PE Commissioners were kicking them out (aka they'd told them that there lease was expiring so they'd need to reapply for it), were trying to sabotage them, were trying to fix things at the wrong time etc.  They created a facebook mob of angry people a long time before the plans ever came out.

I've been going to the cosy nook regularly since I was a kid.  It's all about the location, which is hampered by shit patio, a pretty useless building that people think looks Manx, and some smelly bogs in the middle of the patio.  And don't get me started on the seagull problem.

Build something there that's got some comfortable shelter, keep the views, keep lots of outdoor seating, put in some decent toilets, make it useable all year round.  PE would massively benefit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

The thing is the shouty lot are obviously talking about the building, but actually an equally big trigger for them was the rabble rousing of the tenants over the past few years.

Constant claims that PE Commissioners were kicking them out (aka they'd told them that there lease was expiring so they'd need to reapply for it), were trying to sabotage them, were trying to fix things at the wrong time etc.  They created a facebook mob of angry people a long time before the plans ever came out.

I've been going to the cosy nook regularly since I was a kid.  It's all about the location, which is hampered by shit patio, a pretty useless building that people think looks Manx, and some smelly bogs in the middle of the patio.  And don't get me started on the seagull problem.

Build something there that's got some comfortable shelter, keep the views, keep lots of outdoor seating, put in some decent toilets, make it useable all year round.  PE would massively benefit.

The Commissioners were in breach of  H&S legislation by failing to maintain the structure of the building .

You are a liar and should be ashamed , hope this helps .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1