The Cosy Nook Cafe Port Erin

paswt

10 minutes ago, Kopek said:

..............As one of the most important wildlife sites on the IOM it shouldn't even be considered in its current format, developers profits do not and should not trump the destruction of the islands natural resources. ..............

Surely the footprint of the proposed Hotel site will be similar to present? Any historic damage to the environment/wildlife existence in this area is already in place. Except, of course, that the length of time for the development to start has led to 'reverting to nature' state of the site, I'm sure the Lizards wil have made use of the ruins but that is a consequence of the re-development process.

Longer historical damage the the wildlife environment will be from the golf course creation but I.m sure the DRA would not want that to be removed!!!

Correct, the plans clearly show this.

As you say, only a few longtails & lizards will be made homeless, I'd be interested in one of these pads myself.

7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Well, I hope that the Rats bite you in your bed and the Lizards crawl into and shit in your Campari on your balcony!!!  ^_^

So you'll not be coming to the house-warming?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Kopek said:

..............As one of the most important wildlife sites on the IOM it shouldn't even be considered in its current format, developers profits do not and should not trump the destruction of the islands natural resources. ..............

Surely the footprint of the proposed Hotel site will be similar to present? Any historic damage to the environment/wildlife existence in this area is already in place. Except, of course, that the length of time for the development to start has led to 'reverting to nature' state of the site, I'm sure the Lizards wil have made use of the ruins but that is a consequence of the re-development process.

Longer historical damage the the wildlife environment will be from the golf course creation but I.m sure the DRA would not want that to be removed!!!

Permanent residences are not something that has historically been in place and that is a significant alteration to the historical usage of the site. PS I am not a member of the DRA nor an avid tree hugger, what I am is someone who views Governments fawning to Developers as not necessarily a good thing for all of us. Something needs to go ahead because it is a good idea for all, not because it is a really good idea for a developer and or Governments coffers! That site has perhaps the most profit potential of almost any on the island I am sure that has not escaped the developers notice! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, asitis said:

Permanent residences are not something that has historically been in place and that is a significant alteration to the historical usage of the site. PS I am not a member of the DRA nor an avid tree hugger, what I am is someone who views Governments fawning to Developers as not necessarily a good thing for all of us. Something needs to go ahead because it is a good idea for all, not because it is a really good idea for a developer and or Governments coffers! That site has perhaps the most profit potential of almost any on the island I am sure that has not escaped the developers notice! 

Not quite true. Originally built as a Victorian seaside mansion.

19 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The whole point of architectural mock-ups is to make the development look wonderful.    So it is either going to look a lot worse than that or they're such incompetent architects that they should be allowed to build it anyway.

That’s true. 

I suppose the point I’m trying to make is that we hate anything new and then in a couple of years we forget all about it and think it looks alright. 

They were swinging from the trees in Laxey with the regeneration of the railway station and now there are pictures of it all over the place with everyone saying how beautiful it is. 

People are weird. 

That design would be great on the site of the old swimming pool (wont happen due to the influence of a nearby part-time resident) but losing the charm of the Nosey Crook will be a real loss; all our friends who have visited have remarked on how much they like it. 

One less place that makes the Island special and one more place that could be anywhere in the British Isles. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Kopek said:

If it's the newish plans for development of the Castletown Golf Links Hotel you're writing about, the proposed footprint with associated exective homes is enormous

Edited by Donald Trumps

27 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

If it's the newish plans for development of the Grand Island you're writing about the proposed footprint with associated exective homes is enormous

You’re confusing Grand Island with Castletown Golf Links, methinks.

6 hours ago, asitis said:

The profit in the proposed development is in the 'executive homes' bit

Consultants who examined the profit potential of the hotel itself were unable to establish any

Edited by Donald Trumps