The 'Trans' Issue.

quilp

23 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

I made a typing mistake.

I don't think you typed a bunch of Transphobic hate by mistake.

I didn't post anything even remotely transphobic. I was very clear: I support LGBTQ rights.

What I said was that the movement is being co-opted by people pushing a pedo agenda.  That is in no way an attack on LGBTQ anymore than it would be an attack on Occupy Wall Street protesters to say that George Soros backed groups co-opted the Occupy movement for their own agenda.

Edited by Rushen Spy

1 minute ago, quilp said:

So denying a biological truth is transphobic hate? Your wokeful idiocy has stretched itself again. 

No, I listen to sound science presented by people who know that they are talking about.

Just because they use big words and talk about subjects you don't (or won't) isn't my problem.

You call me woke, yet you are the one coming off as offended for offence sake.

Once again a delicate and complex topic is brought down by the lowest common denominators on this forum.

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

No, I listen to sound science presented by people who know that they are talking about.

And so do I...

You call me woke, yet you are the one coming off as offended for offence sake.

What riles me is that this trans ideology is forced upon the population and if you don't comply you're labelled as a hater.

Once again a delicate and complex topic is brought down by the lowest common denominators on this forum.

Oh fuck off..

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

i don't see what the point is of people noisily objecting to it like you have. If private people wish to do a certain thing with their bodies then surely that’s up to them? It doesn’t really matter what their exact biological history is surely? I’m sure the most vocal people who have a strong view on the wrongness of it all when it comes to the whole trans issue are really just subliminally frightened that someone might think they’re queer if they took an interest in someone who used to be the same sex as they were. Backs against the walls lads and keep that cork up your arse there might be a rogue tranny about who is interested in you! 

you should be relatively safe...

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

i don't see what the point is of people noisily objecting to it like you have. If private people wish to do a certain thing with their bodies then surely that’s up to them? It doesn’t really matter what their exact biological history is surely? I’m sure the most vocal people who have a strong view on the wrongness of it all when it comes to the whole trans issue are really just subliminally frightened that someone might think they’re queer if they took an interest in someone who used to be the same sex as they were. Backs against the walls lads and keep that cork up your arse there might be a rogue tranny about who is interested in you! 

The language - "forced upon the population" - for example, sounds very like the language used about gays in Tynwald thirty years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, quilp said:

And so do I...

If you can find a credible peer reviewed source, I am glad to look at it.

What riles me is that this trans ideology is forced upon the population and if you don't comply you're labelled as a hater.

When you use terms like "ideology" and "forced up the population" about something that doesn't affect you and is about equality for other human beings, then the problem is not Trans people.

Oh fuck off..

Proving my point.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

The point being people can do whatever they want with their bodies. As quilp rightly states, it's the forcing their ideas on the rest of the population that is galling. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

What ideas are they forcing on the rest of the population exactly? This is starting to sound like the gay broken record all over again when people used to start accusing gays of forcing the idea that being gay might be normal or accepted on society. I’m not sure it’s anyone else’s business to be angry about this. What harm are these people doing to society? 

Don't play the gay card on this one to support your theory.

People have the right to do what they want (within the law) and to that extent, I could care less what they do. However, when they try and teach this in primary schools then it's time to draw the line. It's at this point it becomes "anyone else's business"

• Like 2