The 'Trans' Issue.

quilp

59 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Surely the something that should be done is that she should be instructed that she should not be wearing the fake breasts whilst working in the classroom?

If they're strapped on rather than surgically implanted yes the reasonable approach might be to have a separate set of "work tits".

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, The Phantom said:

If a female teacher (without a penis) went to school with her tits hanging out like that, then she would be told justifiably to cover up.  This individual has clearly done this to bait a reaction and receive 'special' treatment again rather than just being treated like everybody else. 

Similarly, if I were a teacher, would it be acceptable as a man to turn up to teach wearing skintight leggings tightly hugging and accentuating a donkey penis that came down to my knee? 

You could just say cis female teacher. It wouldn’t hurt you to try and be at least a little respectful.

Secondly. Want my honest opinion? I think it’s overkill and for once, I’m not entirely sure what she is trying to aim for. Not something I would do personally. However, I have a policy in my life that providing it harms none, do as you will. And honestly, she isn’t harming anyone so, whatever. There were cis female teachers in my school that used to rock massive breasts with gigantic camel toe 🤷‍♀️. Even I will admit this one is a bit out there but, I have better things to care about than the size of someone prosthetic boobs. The same goes for your prosthetic penis, I don’t care about that either. Wear it and be proud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chie said:

And honestly, she isn’t harming anyone so, whatever.

She is employed as a teacher. When the personal choices she makes with regard to her appearance start to undermine her ability to teach effectively that will harm her students' education. The school should feel able to address that issue, as they should with any cis gendered teacher who dresses inappropriately.

The vast majority of trans people just want to live their lives. They doubtless face more challenges than most in society and deserve to be treated respectfully and with an understanding of those challenges. Then there is a small minority, such as this woman, who seem to want to go out of their way to create problems. I suspect that she would be quite happy if the school were to tell her to stop wearing the prosthetic breasts as she would then be able to claim she was the victim of transphobia. It has parallels to the case of Jessica Yaniv who went out of her way to try to create problems for beauticians who decided that they didn't want to wax her scrotum.

Unfortunately, this tiny minority get a disproportionate amount of media coverage and aren't doing any favours to the vast majority of the trans community. Everyone, including the rest of the trans community, should feel able to call them out on that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Newbie said:

Surely the something that should be done is that she should be instructed that she should not be wearing the fake breasts whilst working in the classroom?

Well yeah, that would be the sensible approach.  But sensible approach now has gone completely out of the window. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/22/2022 at 8:09 AM, Newbie said:

She is employed as a teacher. When the personal choices she makes with regard to her appearance start to undermine her ability to teach effectively that will harm her students' education. The school should feel able to address that issue, as they should with any cis gendered teacher who dresses inappropriately.

The vast majority of trans people just want to live their lives. They doubtless face more challenges than most in society and deserve to be treated respectfully and with an understanding of those challenges. Then there is a small minority, such as this woman, who seem to want to go out of their way to create problems. I suspect that she would be quite happy if the school were to tell her to stop wearing the prosthetic breasts as she would then be able to claim she was the victim of transphobia. It has parallels to the case of Jessica Yaniv who went out of her way to try to create problems for beauticians who decided that they didn't want to wax her scrotum.

Unfortunately, this tiny minority get a disproportionate amount of media coverage and aren't doing any favours to the vast majority of the trans community. Everyone, including the rest of the trans community, should feel able to call them out on that.

Well said. I was going to post “There are arseholes in all walks of life, this one just happens to be trans” which is pretty much what you said, albeit more eloquently. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 8:09 AM, Newbie said:

Call her out, it’s your right, freedom of speech and all that. I just personally don’t care. I don’t fully get what they are going for specifically, but at the same time, I don’t see any specific harm is being done. If this was a cis female teacher, there wouldn’t exactly be a call for her to have forced breast reductive surgery so, in a world of trying to accept all forms of femininity and expression, where do you draw the line? Maybe this person is genuinely trans or maybe they are a fetishist. I don’t know and I’m not about policing how another person defines their trans or cis identity, providing it causes no harm to others. I’m trans myself and honestly, I can think of better hills to die on. I doubt it will last more than a couple of months anyway due to the immense strain those things will have on her back.

• 2 weeks later...