The 'Trans' Issue.

quilp

It’s so difficult, maybe they should just do away with gender. What does it matter? People are so hung up on stuff these days.
The prison situation is awful, mostly for trans women (not fake trans women but actual trans women - but how do you define when a trans woman is a trans woman?) pfft. Ah dear. No solution. 

58 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

So it looks like after about 6 weeks of advertising they still can’t fimd enough people to come forward 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/gender-identity-workshops-highlight-need-for-change/

most of them were cancelled after those invited said they felt safer attending a meeting with more people.

A sad indictment of the state of society.

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It isn’t really - it’s likely just an excuse for very few people coming forward. They could have done it via Teams with them staying remote or by other means if they actually had enough people in the first place which I strongly doubt. 

Listening to the recording talking about 'lots of people', I would suggest you are wrong. Also that thy are asking that the workshops are not publicly advertised would seem to support my point about this vulnerable section of society.

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Listening to the recording talking about 'lots of people', I would suggest you are wrong. Also that thy are asking that the workshops are not publicly advertised would seem to support my point about this vulnerable section of society.

The whole thing was laughable anyway. They had a go and now they’ve cancelled the whole thing due to lack of interest in participating - by the people it was supposed to benefit. Another silly woke brownie point earned for all concerned though. They certainly could have offered people the option of making representation via teams from their “safe space” to avoid them being “made to feel unsafe”. The whole thing is a load on nonsense. 

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

So it looks like after about 6 weeks of advertising they still can’t fimd enough people to come forward 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/gender-identity-workshops-highlight-need-for-change/

Actually, quite a few of us did go to the Douglas one. It was a really interesting and positive evening. It also included people who wanted to go to the ones that were supposed to be held in the other towns. The MHKs and health service are pretty on board with helping to improve trans health care and a there was a lot of positivity that came out of the evening.

Edited by Chie

47 minutes ago, Chie said:

Actually, quite a few of us did go to the Douglas one. It was a really interesting and positive evening. It also included people who wanted to go to the ones that were supposed to be held in the other towns. The MHKs and health service are pretty on board with helping to improve trans health care and a there was a lot of positivity that came out of the evening.

Do you think allowing people to attend via Teams etc would have made it easier? Looks like they were struggling for people to attend from what Joney Faragher said on MR this morning so they wrote it all off. 

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Do you think allowing people to attend via Teams etc would have made it easier? Looks like they were struggling for people to attend from what Joney Faragher said on MR this morning so they wrote it all off. 

People did want to attend and genuinely did not feel safe doing so. Which is understandable given the current climate. Yeah, teams would probably be a good idea and something they may look at in the future. But, there was quite a few of us from across the island at the Douglas meeting and there is the option for people to do the workshop online also.

Edited by Chie

12 minutes ago, Chie said:

People did want to attend and genuinely did not feel safe doing so. Which is understandable given the current climate. Yeah, teams would probably be a good idea and something they may look at in the future. But, there was quite a few of us from across the island at the Douglas meeting and there is the option for people to do the workshop online also.

To be honest I don’t understand anyone not wanting to attend and in what current climate? I’d have thought Teams would be more than adequate for the purpose. You wouldn’t even have to put the camera on if people didn’t want to. It sounds more like they simply didn’t have the numbers from listening to Joney Faragher.