Alistair Ramsay

Uhtred

I’ve been impressed with Alistair Ramsay’s political column in the the Examiner since it began about a month ago. This week’s is thought-provoking.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=45008&headline=Alistair Ramsay's column: A scrutiny role for political eunuchs&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2019

• Like 2

To be fair, he had been on the gravy train for a while. Perhaps if they had voted him onto the first class carriages we might not hear much from him? Who know? But in any case, he would have needed to have a uterus and stuff for his candidature to have been successful.

29 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I think he spouts total rubbish it is easy to see which politicians he is friendly with and what qualifications he has to make the observations he makes are minimal another reason not to buy that rag of a newspaper.

Well I hesitate to raise the temperature, but an analysis of his article and your contribution above does tend to highlight that he’s rather more articulate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The article is well enough written and I hope it brings some enlightenment to political remedials, but in itself it displays nothing that suggests Alistair might've been quite useful as an MLC.

edited to add:

but fair enough, certainly better than the majority of the current lot, and many previous, who have slipped into the upper seats of Tynwald.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

To be fair, he had been on the gravy train for a while. Perhaps if they had voted him onto the first class carriages we might not hear much from him? Who know? But in any case, he would have needed to have a uterus and stuff for his candidature to have been successful.

Didn’t he stumble off the gravy train pissed? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I was very happy with his politely expressed demolition job on the woolly rubbish spouted by Manx nationalists on the subject of Illiam Dhone.

Agreed. It was indeed an excellent piece.

13 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:
15 hours ago, gettafa said:

Didn’t he stumble off the gravy train pissed? 

I don't think so.

Alistair is a very intelligent writer and did an excellent job in Gov.

He knows what he's talking about when it comes to politics.

I have not read his bit about Illiam Dhone, ( and may not like it ), but he is nobody's fool.

Can't say I am a fan of his liking of Daphne, but he usually has his finger on the pulse.

He would run rings around most of our elected bunch.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

The article is well enough written and I hope it brings some enlightenment to political remedials, but in itself it displays nothing that suggests Alistair might've been quite useful as an MLC.

edited to add:

but fair enough, certainly better than the majority of the current lot, and many previous, who have slipped into the upper seats of Tynwald.

True; but how many others have gone in there with expressions and visions of reform and hit the establishment wall?

Eloquence, spoken or written, counts for nothing in there.

12 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I don't think so.

Alistair is a very intelligent writer and did an excellent job in Gov.

He knows what he's talking about when it comes to politics.

I have not read his bit about Illiam Dhone, ( and may not like it ), but he is nobody's fool.

Can't say I am a fan of his liking of Daphne, but he usually has his finger on the pulse. 

He would run rings around most of our elected bunch.

I do wonder why TSOS laughed at this post.

I actually wonder about TSOS . Period.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Well I hesitate to raise the temperature, but an analysis of his article and your contribution above does tend to highlight that he’s rather more articulate.

He’s had the media training...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I do wonder why TSOS laughed at this post.

I actually wonder about TSOS . Period.

He’s like the boy with no friends so desperate to be liked, he laughs at everything...

including his reflection in the mirror

• Haha 2

• 4 years later...