Ramsey Marina

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

1. Agreed, in my example yesterday I did actually say 

"5. 500 boats would be a reasonable target for the Island (I never said Ramsey) - 500 by say 12 meter average, by say £450 per year is £2.7M parking fees - what does IOMG currently receive in car park income?"

2. Craggy-Steve stated - "The type of customer M A is talking about is more likely to be a well-heeled professional who can afford to send his kids to boarding school (such as King Bill's), and to whom the cost of keeping a 15 metre boat for the family is an affordable luxury (and probably cheaper than a cottage in France or villa in Spain" I agree with this 100%.

3. In a Marina development, the 'Fundus' is likely to be at least as big an issue as the 'Foreshore'.

Can’t argue with that but my comment was based on what b4mbi posted

Just now, Kopek said:

Peel? Don't be cruel. Bretney?

Talking of cruel.

I thought Wilf was given a hard time today on Talking Heads. Stu Peters on announcing the call by Wilf, said, "Oh go on then Wilf" in a very "who gives a fuck" way. Then when Wilf's phone died Stu scoffed and joked that Wilf needed to put another 10p in the meter.

However the wonderful "Val" who most locals know ( :lol: )was given all the time in the world to put her "experience" on air. Wilf has probably forgotten more than Val will ever know about the sea and things maritime.

Poor show Stu. I have a lot of time and respect for you , but today was not your finest hour. We all know by now that you are in favour of this marina wish, but you don't need to mock those who think it is never going to happen.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/3/2019 at 4:34 PM, hissingsid said:

All the experts on marine subjects and everything else will now be shoving their oar to sabotage this idea.    You would never believe the amount of experts on everything under the sun who reside on this Island, unless you listen to talking heads, even Hooper has doubts about some tidal issue I thought he was an accountant not a maritime expert.    Do you not think before putting forward a plan of this magnitude experts, proper experts, would not have been consulted?   What a lot of knowalls, what they do not know they make up it is ludicrous that they are given any credence.

You're full of shite hissingsid - were you Viper in a previous form?!

11 hours ago, Neil Down said:
11 hours ago, Snaipyr said:

You're full of shite hissingsid - were you Viper in a previous form?!

Is that the best response you can come up with after two months?

Edited by dilligaf

• 2 years later...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/save-the-bay-calls-for-protection-of-marine-nature-reserve/

It's baaaaack. I love the phrase dredging the bay.... I thought it was about burying the ficking beach under tonnes of concrete effectively destroying a public amenity for private profit.

If this succeeds there will be no beach worthy of the name on the South side of Ramsey between the stone pier and the iron pier. 

I was quoted some figures on this the other day, re. the financing of the marina from the proposed property development alongside. Pie in the sky, unless they're going to sell apartments in Ramsey at @ £1m each, including construction costs.

• Like 2

Just now, Non-Believer said:

I was quoted some figures on this the other day, re. the financing of the marina from the proposed property development alongside. Pie in the sky, unless they're going to sell apartments in Ramsey at @ £1m each, including construction costs.

I presume the idea is to get the Government to pay for it all after promising it won't cost anything.  After all it worked in Liverpool.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I presume the idea is to get the Government to pay for it all after promising it won't cost anything.  After all it worked in Liverpool.

I think the aim is to get planning permission, then sell the company for a profit and bugger off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

It's a re-run of the Ramsey Marina debacle, almost exactly. The harbourside development was going to pay for the so-called, 'improvements'.